• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi turbo installed but reving at 4000rpm

You are correct those are default GEMS settings...you should be good to go! And oh good about the gauges! Get them installed so you can monitor! And yes it sounds like you have the hoses hooked up correctly! Now enjoy your new mod!
Dinner I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me and being patient with all my idiot questions..lol
I was talking with hellflyer about gauge the afr harness is on machine but wasn't sure where to get power and he mentioned that there is plug at reverse actuator nice and easy!!!!
As for boost gauge can I just splice into main hose after plastic tee

Cool thanks for the reply keep me posted much appreciated

And also did you get that mpi of kijij
I think that's the one I had my eye on lol
Yes sir came complete with gauges and clutching . The kit looks brand new and all the modification such as oil lines, oil separator mod..... all came with it so if I ever go back stock I don't have to buy new lines or frame mod
Steel of a deal imo

Dinner I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me and being patient with all my idiot questions..lol
I was talking with hellflyer about gauge the afr harness is on machine but wasn't sure where to get power and he mentioned that there is plug at reverse actuator nice and easy!!!!
As for boost gauge can I just splice into main hose after plastic tee

No problem at all!

For the boost gauge, you want to connect the sensor or hose (depending on what type of gauge) to the 5 pronged "T" fitting you were playing with at your throttle bodies. This gives you a boost reading of what the engine is receiving. And as far as the AFR power supply. You can use that 12v source down above your right foot if you'd like. I have my Boost and AFR gauges hooked into my 12v charger wiring right behind the instrument panel. Either, Or will work good for what you need!

No problem at all!

For the boost gauge, you want to connect the sensor or hose (depending on what type of gauge) to the 5 pronged "T" fitting you were playing with at your throttle bodies. This gives you a boost reading of what the engine is receiving. And as far as the AFR power supply. You can use that 12v source down above your right foot if you'd like. I have my Boost and AFR gauges hooked into my 12v charger wiring right behind the instrument panel. Either, Or will work good for what you need!
Right on thank again I owe you
I can't get to tee fitting without removing throttle body so is it OK to just splice in to main hose coming off tee

I can't get over how smooth my Viper is now on take off and slow speeds it seem to coast way more
And when I hammered throttle I got a rush that I couldn t explain....
I came back home in shock on how much a difference it made comparing to stock
I should have done this a long time ago instead of buying a pipe clutch kit airbox mod and pc5

I went back to my 8jp belt again Marc! I feel like it's pulls harder and I had 0 belt dust after 200km. Weird, it's like the turbo clutching grips better

I went back to my 8jp belt again Marc! I feel like it's pulls harder and I had 0 belt dust after 200km. Weird, it's like the turbo clutching grips better
I may have to try it i have a brand new one hanging in garage.. I use to get a tonne of dust with 8jp when stock

Right on thank again I owe you
I can't get to tee fitting without removing throttle body so is it OK to just splice in to main hose coming off tee

Yeah if you have the T in behind just splice into the hose leading to the BOV anywhere you can!

Should pull harder being as the 8JP is a softer belt, more grippy than the 8DN. Just curious if you've watched your WOT rpms with the 8JP back in? My 8JP had pretty inconsistent WOT RPM's.

Should pull harder being as the 8JP is a softer belt, more grippy than the 8DN. Just curious if you've watched your WOT rpms with the 8JP back in? My 8JP had pretty inconsistent WOT RPM's.
Seemed pretty consistent on saturday! But i wasnt really doing many wide open runs, ill keep an eye on it though.

Seemed pretty consistent on saturday! But i wasnt really doing many wide open runs, ill keep an eye on it though.

If it works and your happy with it, run it! I haven't switched back to my 8JP...it's my spare. If we ever get snow maybe I will too see if there is a difference as well!

EDIT: I'm not using an actual yami 8DN. I'm running I forget which company lol.

Last edited:

Back