• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi turbo installed but reving at 4000rpm

I figured if the sidewinder can run it why not give it a try again! I have my clutches machined for overdrive and was getting a slight squeal taking off with the dn

Yes sir came complete with gauges and clutching . The kit looks brand new and all the modification such as oil lines, oil separator mod..... all came with it so if I ever go back stock I don't have to buy new lines or frame mod
Steel of a deal imo
Wow good for you glad it worked out I'm debating putting turbo

I figured if the sidewinder can run it why not give it a try again! I have my clutches machined for overdrive and was getting a slight squeal taking off with the dn

Yeah true! Let me know how you make out! If your not beating the crap out of your sled the 8JP should hopefully last a few km!

Yamamarc, how is your sled running? Did you take work off :p

Well I beat the crap out of it last weekend ! LOL. That's why I was surprised there was no dust . Running back to barrie on the rail bed between side roads we were over 160kmh. And hard through the twisties.

Yeah true! Let me know how you make out! If your not beating the crap out of your sled the 8JP should hopefully last a few km!

Yamamarc, how is your sled running? Did you take work off :p
I did I was up at 3 am and called in then..lol
Left this morning at 8am just got back now!!!
I got to say this is the power I've been chasing since new.....
It ran perfectly expect stalled once when I came to a stop at a road but started right back up.
The mid to top is awsome take off is like it was but once the turbo kicked in WOW it stretches arms.
I rode with my buddy with a stock 16 Viper and of course we had to try against each other. On take off side to side then I started pulling away further and further.
Weather was 2 degree c out side trails were sloppy my engine temp fluctuated between 74 and 105 ( 105 on a 2 km road)
I hit 160km per hour no problem but didn't push it since gauges aren't installed yet (probably do it tonight if wife isn't to bitchy for me being in garage for 3 days straight)
I hit 160 but it had more

One thing though when I let off throttle it seems slower to come back to idle and really coast compared to stock engine braking I have to use my hand brake more than I ever did...

I went into the diagnostic in the gauge pod to check my tps and it shows ok
Neat option I learnt today if you hold the 2 bottom buttons on you gauges with key on and not starTed you can check engine diagnostics.. you guys probably already know this though..lol

LOL! I'll say no. But glad your happy with it. I hope we can switch sleds I'd like to feel the difference from mpi to Hurricane

LOL! I'll say no. But glad your happy with it. I hope we can switch sleds I'd like to feel the difference from mpi to Hurricane
I'll know by tonight if I can make it with you guys but if not I will meet up with you for sure... trails a getting crappy hopefully the warm weather leave fast
I'd like to see difference

You didn't know about the diagnostic menu ?? Just hold down both right and left lower buttons with key in on position don't start

I'll know by tonight if I can make it with you guys but if not I will meet up with you for sure... trails a getting crappy hopefully the warm weather leave fast
I'd like to see difference
Supposed to get cold again by you Monday I think.

Back