• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTN Tamer skid shock options

Mr4g63tsi

Country
USA
Snowmobile
99' Mountain Max, 07' Apex MTN, 09' Apex MTX
Hey guys I have MTN Tamer skid in my 09 MTX. Was wondering what everybody runs in theirs? I have the first generation Fox Floats in mine and believe my front one needs a rebuild being it loses pressure after a few days. I would fix it but would like to upgrade to a 2 or even a 3 float if I could find one. I'm having trouble finding a newer float that has a tish over 14" extended length. Also, it seems like Timbersled is now solely for mountain horse setup on dirtbikes according to their website so I can't even look up a shock upgrade from them. Anybody have some input?

Hey guys I have MTN Tamer skid in my 09 MTX. Was wondering what everybody runs in theirs? I have the first generation Fox Floats in mine and believe my front one needs a rebuild being it loses pressure after a few days. I would fix it but would like to upgrade to a 2 or even a 3 float if I could find one. I'm having trouble finding a newer float that has a tish over 14" extended length. Also, it seems like Timbersled is now solely for mountain horse setup on dirtbikes according to their website so I can't even look up a shock upgrade from them. Anybody have some input?

http://timbersledsnowmobile.com/ That is the web site now to order and buy Parts and shocks for Timbersled snowmobile skids. I run a float 2 in the front and a Float 3 Evo in the rear skid, I have over 3,500 miles on those shocks with no rebuild or seals done, and they have taken a pounding. I ride hard, on hard pack, rough trails, hit jumps with this skid, and she like it with some slight modification's done to the skid to save on slider ware. I will be getting a rebuild done soon on my shocks.

Back