• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 91 Phazer II ST

ITHAPPENS said:
Great sled, same as the one my buddy took me for my first snowmobile ride on. Fell in love with sledding because of the Phazer. Bought a 94 VMax the next season and the rest is history! Wonderful way for the family to play together, thanks for the photos.
Your very welcome. This 91 phazer was purchased brand new by a good friend of mine. His sister and I graduated in the same high school class. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. There were a couple of times thru the early 90's where we were out riding together and I rode this Phazer. So I knew the life story of this sled and the great guy who owned it. (that's why I like the painted registration #'s on the side because we all used to do this to our sleds back then) I really really have been bitten by the TSS bug. Now I'm on the hunt for a garage queen 1992 V-max 4 or a 1990 SRV.

like this?

Attachments

• 000_6047.jpg
    000_6047.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 485
Hey how did u get them bar risers on? I want some info and pics I can't figure it out to save my life, also info on the seat wedge! Thanks

Sweet Phazer, my sons all broke in riding a 90 and had over 15,000 miles when she was sold. great sled for young kids! Enjoy

The riser is a 2.5" pivot adapter on top of the original yamaha base plate that has the 3 hole donut ring that holds the headlight fairing. Then on top is a 6" riser that has 4 counterbored holes to hold the black anodized gage pod. The gage pod is the only thing I didn't make and I was not that happy with the overall look of it. but after I got it anodized it kind of blends in with the rest of the black around the console and it helped the looks dramatically. We still need to get some wire loom and finish off the look of the wires a bit, but that will be easy. The handlebars are RSI chromoly with 15 degree pull back...The seat was done by Bill Kelley's seat cover king in Pontiac MI, I believe the cost to add the foam and make the new cover to look like the original was $225.

Attachments

• 91 phazer riser.jpg
    91 phazer riser.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 511
  • 91 phazer riser1.jpg
    91 phazer riser1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 513
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 701
No just the Riser. All of the riser components we make here. The only modification is the 4 holes ( 2 per side ) in the riser to hold the gage pod on. If I ever get a little more time I may look into making up 10 or 20 gage pods. This riser set up would work with Vmax540, SRV, and all TSS phazers. The handlebars are made by RSI. They make a 10 degree pull back race bar with hooks on the end that I really wanted to go with but it just wasn't enough pull back to give room between the brake lever and the fairing. So the straight bars with the 15 degree is what we went with. They are very inexpensive IMO at $35.

Back