• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Spring Test

Ha I expected that response from you. Good. I am patient will listen and ask questions. If you can handle it. My goal has been 110 GPS NA without cracking the motor. On snow true 100 on trail. Not there yet. Let us know when you get that.

You have a turbo right..110 should almost be achievable with non...one of the problems I face is I am scarred...lol....but will continue

Question regarding your specs on installed length and fully compressed, did you locate that info someplace or were those taken from your own measurements? I tried hard to locate that info and came up short so ended up doing my best to get the measurements and were almost spot on to the specs you listed. Where I'm at with my turbo, I have a stiff preload spring in but engagement isn't as high as I want it, playing with shims but obviously they affect total length so don't want the spring to bottom out before full shift. Just glad to see my numbers match up, didn't want to get too in depth with finding the right spring if I wasn't sure that my measurements weren't accurate.

Question regarding your specs on installed length and fully compressed, did you locate that info someplace or were those taken from your own measurements? I tried hard to locate that info and came up short so ended up doing my best to get the measurements and were almost spot on to the specs you listed. Where I'm at with my turbo, I have a stiff preload spring in but engagement isn't as high as I want it, playing with shims but obviously they affect total length so don't want the spring to bottom out before full shift. Just glad to see my numbers match up, didn't want to get too in depth with finding the right spring if I wasn't sure that my measurements weren't accurate.

So..my wife and all my friends say I am not clear typing #*$&@..so ask if I am not clear with an answer..

That has not changed for years..bud...My 99 Phazer is the same dimensions....

It is hard to get used to testing nice Yamaha springs compared to snox Doo monsters.

****You can find the exact numbers on Daltons web site by clicking his Yamaha primary spring box.

I haven't tested them in over a decade..(Yamaha) and as was taken back by the installed stop length.

Ski Doo clutches "heavy" for example..lot a weight lot a spring..and a light secondary...we always clutched primary light on the ovals....if you watch sno x..Tucker (set up by clutch brain Houle) is light as well and controls with the secondary.,

Yes..shims change the pre load and constant...it is a balance....I am leaning towards steeper and stiffer secondary..but I have the 146 so that is a lot of load...

I think the new spring I have would be close if not stronger..to that clutch kit you guys talk about with the 5 or so shims you add...yet it has the same pre-load...
Buddy there is pretty smart dude.

The 4/ is amazing but just missing something...

I checked the compressed spring rate ..it will go to about 26 mm before it coil binds,,,..so that is about 20 mm past its full compressed rate.

Oh,,it likes that spring I put in....for putting speeds...so far...so smooth...plus ..Dayco lent me some belts to try...going to be some work thou..

If the lake crust freezes over.this weekend....I'll check the speed..did a few more things.

I checked the compressed spring rate ..it will go to about 26 mm before it coil binds,,,..so that is about 20 mm past its full compressed rate.

Oh,,it likes that spring I put in....for putting speeds...so far...so smooth...plus ..Dayco lent me some belts to try...going to be some work thou..

If the lake crust freezes over.this weekend....I'll check the speed..did a few more things.
I run a Dayco XTX 5033 is that one you are trying?

I run a Dayco XTX 5033 is that one you are trying?

No...but may be OK for you..you see any Dayco can come in slightly different lengths. When I went to see Brian at the Barrie race we went to his trailer and I measured them...then grabbed what I needed. I was supposed to bring them all back but I used the 5033 for 200 feet at slow speeds..so I will sell have to sell it.

The 5033 I have is 44 3/4" long the OEM is 44 3/8" The 5033 will certainly work but is too long to work good OEM..

You cannot get the right deflection..for me anyways..but I don't think you care about putting around...

I like the Dayco as they are wider..so I am about 20 thou on the side..if not less.

Here is Brian and myself at a Peterborough deal a few years ago.
Bob

No...but may be OK for you..you see any Dayco can come in slightly different lengths. When I went to see Brian at the Barrie race we went to his trailer and I measured them...then grabbed what I needed. I was supposed to bring them all back but I used the 5033 for 200 feet at slow speeds..so I will sell have to sell it.

The 5033 I have is 44 3/4" long the OEM is 44 3/8" The 5033 will certainly work but is too long to work good OEM..

You cannot get the right deflection..for me anyways..but I don't think you care about putting around...

I like the Dayco as they are wider..so I am about 20 thou on the side..if not less.

Here is Brian and myself at a Peterborough deal a few years ago.
Bob

I care about putting around. Have had to trailer a lot this year. Loading in a trailer needs to be smooth! Rode last sat with my daughter who never broke 40mph whole morning. I do have the OSP adjuster and 911 cover so smooth engagement is not a issue.

I care about putting around. Have had to trailer a lot this year. Loading in a trailer needs to be smooth! Rode last sat with my daughter who never broke 40mph whole morning. I do have the OSP adjuster and 911 cover so smooth engagement is not a issue.

So..do you take the bolts out then..so you can close the sheaves tighter with your OSP ? Also..you may have a short belt..I selected the longest one he had..

What is a 911 cover?

#*$&@ 5 laps to go in sno-x pro open..and live stream stops..wth

Cool! Man I bet you have some stories.

You would not believe how much good luck was involved..and bad..good thing is ....I can't brag too much as I only have about 4 pictures..didn't care back then..just wanted to win..lotta money involved.. only 3 years well 4....stock, the mod stock and then pro...as I got royally stiffed when I wanted to head to USA circuit..who I could compete with..(won every heat and every final in 340..but...440 was shifting wrong so top 3 sled.. as we raced them in Peterborough and Valcourt enough...

You would not believe how much good luck was involved..and bad..good thing is ....I can't brag too much as I only have about 4 pictures..didn't care back then..just wanted to win..lotta money involved.. only 3 years well 4....stock, the mod stock and then pro...as I got royally stiffed when I wanted to head to USA circuit..who I could compete with..(won every heat and every final in 340..but...440 was shifting wrong so top 3 sled.. as we raced them in Peterborough and Valcourt enough...

I listened to this whole interview. Very cool!
http://snowmobilingpodcast.podbean.com/e/bob-hogg/

Back