• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Neck pain while riding?

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
i have a bvs helmet and by the end of the day it's u comfortable to turn around to see if the group is still with me it starts taking hr joy out of it... does anyone have else have this problem are there any braces or wraps that help I love the helmet as it's easy to flip it down and talk on the trails but seems heavy

I have small mirrors in my handguards it's not even the turning around that causes it that just makes it worse just normal riding looking straight ahead aches in the base of my neck maybe I just need to get use to it only have 400 miles so far this season

Put bigger mirrors on......Yamaha factory ones. Somebody must make some kind of neck brace. Not the kind you see where it looks like a cast around the neck. Something lighter with some support features in it. If one can think it, it's probably being made somewhere.

How about breaking off a spark plug so you ride slower. I am the same way to much torque. It's stretching your neck. Ha ha. Such a bad problem to have. Bet your arms are longer also. Dam Yamahas.

Neck donut style support, allows the head to pivot but supports the helmet against the collarbone. Limits you ability to tilt head up and down though. Lots of circle track dirt drivers use em, cheap, like 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a bvs helmet and by the end of the day it's u comfortable to turn around to see if the group is still with me it starts taking hr joy out of it... does anyone have else have this problem are there any braces or wraps that help I love the helmet as it's easy to flip it down and talk on the trails but seems heavy
They make a wrist mirror you could try. It's a convex mirror on an elastic band that is adjustable. Here is a link for one of them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-...89a522&pid=100338&rk=2&rkt=13&sd=391674616134

Need to work on your neck muscles also, not the easiest solution but probably the most important unless you have neck/nerve issues.

BVS2 is a very good Helmet , if you are riding in 1 position. If you move around a lot with technical stuff, it is heavy and looses fitment on face mask, or respirator.
Best off to get a mirror or a different helmet.to suit riding style.

Last edited:
I tried a BV2S for a day. Couldn't take it. Its soo heavy and I almost rip my ears off trying to get it on and off. They are a hard helmet to fit in.

Not what you want to here I'm sure but I switched to a carbon fiber MX helmet and it's like I just wearing a hat it's so light. I don't even take it off at stops with the group. Maybe a dual sport helmet would fit the bill??

I use this mirror on my glove. Take the strap off of it and put it on the strap of my glove.

Has any one tried the new modular3 helmet from ski doo?

Yes I have both. Some venting changes as well as the "lines" in the helmet are different. Other than that....IMO...they are the same help. They still run super small.

Back