• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a track for my '11 XTX

Ethan_Messinger

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Nytro XTX
-need a new track for my 2011 Nytro XTX (144)
- I wanted something bigger than the 1.25 on it currently.
- Want anything from a 1.5-1.75 (I ride 80% trail, 20% off trail).
- Was wondering what track I can clear without making adjustments, and I don't want to be changing my gearing or anything. Any advice would help.

-need a new track for my 2011 Nytro XTX (144)
- I wanted something bigger than the 1.25 on it currently.
- Want anything from a 1.5-1.75 (I ride 80% trail, 20% off trail).
- Was wondering what track I can clear without making adjustments, and I don't want to be changing my gearing or anything. Any advice would help.
you can go up to 1.75 without having to change anything if you stay in the trail more then anything i would go with the 1.6 cobra ice prestuded

I went with the Talon 38 1.5" x 144 and Kimpex external drivers. I did not stud it!! If you deal with alot of ice you would be better off with the ice cobra.

Pete

To install a 1.75 track you will need to remove the tunnel protectors. The ones riveted to the tunnel aren't a problem bit the ones welded to the front heat exchanger are hard on the nerves.
With that said I waited 2 years to do the 1.75 track, wish I did it sooner.

I went with the Talon 38 1.5" x 144 and Kimpex external drivers. I did not stud it!! If you deal with alot of ice you would be better off with the ice cobra.

Pete

X2. Have 250 miles on my talon 38. It's a rugged looks and feels rugged. Also did kimpex drivers, had to trim the teeth about 3/16 cause mine hit the rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick. That's weird you had to trim as mine don't hit. Was yours a stock XTX?

Pete

Nick. That's weird you had to trim as mine don't hit. Was yours a stock XTX?

Pete

Yes stock 2009. I don't understand what changed to make them not hit. But all the reading I did indicates it was a problem on early year nytos, most guys trimmed the rails. They barely rubbed.

Glad you got it figured out. I wonder what they changed.

Pete

Not sure. Has to be something with the position of the center arm. There were lots of threads on extroverts and having to trim the rails. I read yours didn't need it and was hoping mine would be the same. First test ride in the yard and it was very clear they were interfering.

Back