• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need more track speed!

yamiboost

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
15 SR Viper MTX Hurricane 300hp kit
Fx Nytro Drag Sled 25psi + Boss Nos
Want to get more speed out of my turbo 153'' mtx... plan to trim the lugs down to 2'' what gearing and chain do you guys recommend? Would like to get it to 100mph...maybe more

Has nobody upped the gearing on their MTX? Anybody know what gearing the new BTX comes with?

Has nobody upped the gearing on their MTX? Anybody know what gearing the new BTX comes with?
New Btx Le has 24/50, Btx Le has 21/41 both have 8 tooth drivers. You would need 25/45 with your 7 tooth drivers to get there. Or 21/41 with 8 tooth drivers.

New Btx Le has 24/50, Btx Le has 21/41 both have 8 tooth drivers. You would need 25/45 with your 7 tooth drivers to get there. Or 21/41 with 8 tooth drivers.
How much would I need to trim the lugs to fit a 8 tooth driver?

How much would I need to trim the lugs to fit a 8 tooth driver?
I'm running a 2 1/4 and no issues. Its the track that came on it. Skid in lower front mounting holes rear in middle holes. Black diamond extreme has take off complete 8 tooth drive shafts pretty cheap.

Thanks for the replys!

What chain do I need for 21/41 gearing? Sorry for all the questions lol

I know that's not the direction your heading with your project, but there is enough clearance to run a 2.6" track with 8 tooth drivers.
I'm running 2.5 on my sidewinder BTX LE 8 tooth drivers no issues I would think 2.6 would fit but it will be tight

Back