• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need skis ASAP??

here is the parts list.

8FK-23711-00-BK SKI 1 -2
90105-10410-00 ! BOLT, FLANGE -2
95602-10200-00 NUT, U FLANGE -2
90387-10036-00 COLLAR -2
90387-16022-00 COLLAR -2
90387-16023-00 COLLAR -2

I have a very good working relationship with my dealer as I am in there 3-4 times per month so I do get a discount on pricing witch usually saves me the tax. part # are from Yamaha usa if going into a Canadian dealer.
The last collar (90387-16023-00) is the same part number on the XTX so no need to order it unless you just want some new hardwear.

I got into some situations where I thought I would bury it but surprisingly was able to power out easily. And that was with the stock Ripsaw track at the time too. Throttle is your friend.

Sent in my order for Yamaha MTX skis and the collars, bolts, and nuts. Can't wait to use them! :)

Attachments

• IMG_7424.jpg
    IMG_7424.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 169
Seems like I might chime in here with my two bits since I have some head to head comparisons. Early last year I broke the trail into a nearby lake on OEM Tuners with my sway bar factory and turned around and went back in the next day with it off. After further tests I have settled on sway bar at softest and I now have 8in. P'hounds(which I love). I put that trail in again this afternoon.

I feel my set up couldn't be better for the riding I do. A lot of the initial tippiness was just plain skinny assed skis sinking out of sight and the sled would not be rolled back, even under throttle. With the wider skis the sled will lean and un-weight a ski but I can use the throttle as Mooseman says. My take on the sway bar on softest is that at slow speeds when one ski has all the weight the spring compresses and the front-end is lower, the sled sits on the track and I can throttle out. When the sway bar is stiffer it couples both ski springs, effectively almost doubling the stiffness to compress the low side. Meanwhile the high side is in the air or almost completely unweighted. In this situation the sled is much higher and once the critical angle is passed there is no getting it back.

I also prefer the soft sway bar out on the lake. With a stiff setting when one ski hit something the sled rolled abruptly(I don't mean rolled over). On soft that ski moves more independently and the ski rises and falls without tilting the sled. For my riding I have the front shocks soft and never bottom out so a stiff sway bar setting makes the ride harsher than I like.

Take note, without a sway bar my sled resembled an amply endowed women running braless(supply own visuals here). I encourage anyone wondering about all this to just get out the wrenches ... adjusting the sway bar has to be one of the easiest thing to experiment with.

Finally got to try my new 7" Powder Hounds out over new years. Went with 6" carbides. The jury is still out as there really wasn't much snow to speak of. Darting seems to be about the same as the stockers. No worse.

Hey guys does anyone know if Yamaha still sells wide ski skins for the stock skis?

Pretty sure they still do 9 and 11 inch. Have the 11 on my VK Pro and 9 or 11 would be good widths for an MP depending on how much snow you might be in. As I said 5 years ago the 8" p'hounds are nice but not cheap, especially compared to skins. What I don't know about is putting 5.5" tuners into 11" skins ... not much support.

Yukon Yamaha likely has the 9's in stock.

Pretty sure they still do 9 and 11 inch. Have the 11 on my VK Pro and 9 or 11 would be good widths for an MP depending on how much snow you might be in. As I said 5 years ago the 8" p'hounds are nice but not cheap, especially compared to skins. What I don't know about is putting 5.5" tuners into 11" skins ... not much support.

Yukon Yamaha likely has the 9's in stock.
Thank you YukonMP. I'm in BC and need the wider skis for remote cabin access. Wish I was in the Yukon though!

Put the slydogs on today and took it for a test run, They measure a bit more than 8" width and a bit longer. So far night and day difference but haven't put them to the real test yet in 4' of snow. The stock skis are going in the garbage or maybe use them for a redneck sleigh.

Back