• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing in 2017, and if Yamaha looks at the forecast they might just forget about there 2018 50th. And just sell motors to AC. I would say first Apex 06' 3 year cycle would take us to 2009 Apex. Which wasn't " new " but refined nicely, still no new Apex platform. " Fail ". That takes us to, 2012 no new Apex platform,EPS and just a few more spare " parts bin " tech thrown at the old platform Fail. Now that brings us to 2015, same old beat that dead horse down the trail for another model year " yee haw " platform and throw some BNG at that MF'R and call it"new " . Ok I will give you the "new " skid on the Apex for 2016, still "FAIL". No new platform. Looks like to me from own track record it will be sink or swim for them come 2018. Just my .02
WE NEED SNOW !!!!!!!!!

X2, but you left out the part about a new Apex. :)

nothing in 2017, and if Yamaha looks at the forecast they might just forget about there 2018 50th. And just sell motors to AC. I would say first Apex 06' 3 year cycle would take us to 2009 Apex. Which wasn't " new " but refined nicely, still no new Apex platform. " Fail ". That takes us to, 2012 no new Apex platform,EPS and just a few more spare " parts bin " tech thrown at the old platform Fail. Now that brings us to 2015, same old beat that dead horse down the trail for another model year " yee haw " platform and throw some BNG at that MF'R and call it"new " . Ok I will give you the "new " skid on the Apex for 2016, still "FAIL". No new platform. Looks like to me from own track record it will be sink or swim for them come 2018. Just my .02

I read back in 2011 that the tsunami delayed the launch of the "next game changer" than it was the economy in Japan. If Yamaha has been holding and hopefully tweaking this all this time it should be Spectacular. But how many more years do they need to test it..... 2018 is like Two more years! Just a thought, REALLY hope it snows Somewhere soon.

Yeah I remember Yamaha using that " business strategy " BS as well back in 2011, what will it be for 2017 and beyond as far as " one liners " coming from the" top ". And here we are once again the Japanese economy is still sluggish 5 years later and all we got is a partnership with AC, that Yamaha stated and I quote. " there will be no further collaboration between the two companies beyond the 120 kid sled. " And true to there BS, otherwise know as " buissness strategy " bam! The " diaper" lol, JK

Why should Yami do anything when people are falling all over themselves for a 7/8th's Cat 1/8th Yamaha? Why bring anything else to market that will compete with their success selling Catamaha's? I don't expect anything from them till the Cat/Yamaha collaboration deal runs out. So that's 2018 at the earliest!

Exactly. Until sales decline - expect NOTHING.

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/QA-with-Brad-Darling-VP-GM-of-Arctic-Cat-Snowmobiles--PGA. Anyone seen this yet? I don't think this yamacat thing is going anywhere. IMO the partnership will only continue to grow and make better Sleds together. And why wouldn't they. This is just my 2cents but I think it's a good thing. Those waiting for a pure Yamaha Sled may be waiting a long time only to be disappointed.

Maybe! No more Suzuki after Dec 2016! Still looks like 2018 Model year will tell what Yamaha is going to do. As far as a pure Yamaha Sled they still have a few. As far as the Catamaha goes I have no interest in in it. Even less with the turbo. Now if they purpose built a Cat chassis for the Apex engine (not just drop in a plate and mount the motor to high in the chassis) and run the pipes out the back where they are supposed to be I might take notice! Maybe they will build a Catapex!

Till then thankfully they still build Apex's.

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/QA-with-Brad-Darling-VP-GM-of-Arctic-Cat-Snowmobiles--PGA. Anyone seen this yet? I don't think this yamacat thing is going anywhere. IMO the partnership will only continue to grow and make better Sleds together. And why wouldn't they. This is just my 2cents but I think it's a good thing. Those waiting for a pure Yamaha Sled may be waiting a long time only to be disappointed.
That is exactly how OEM agreements work everything is cooperative until it isn't then both companies go it alone or somewhere in between. Right now the agreement has a 5 year term plain & simple. I would not read more into it than that at this point in time both compaines are making it work in the now. AC will still buy 4s engines from Yamaha past 5 years but other Yamaha sleds from TRF doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If Yamaha gets more involved with AC the sign will say Yamaha out front. Who has a bigger voice of the customer than Yamaha?.... Answer no one.

That is exactly how OEM agreements work everything is cooperative until it isn't then both companies go it alone or somewhere in between. Right now the agreement has a 5 year term plain & simple. I would not read more into it than that at this point in time both compaines are making it work in the now. AC will still buy 4s engines from Yamaha past 5 years but other Yamaha sleds from TRF doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If Yamaha gets more involved with AC the sign will say Yamaha out front. Who has a bigger voice of the customer than Yamaha?.... Answer no one.

I'm as true blue Yamaha guy as their is. And what I'm stating is not a negative on any of you guys or Yamaha, But I don't wear "blue colored glasses either". You say who has a bigger voice of the customer then Yamaha, and I would say that's not always true. In fact the big turbo thread going now will prove how big a voice they have for their customers. Seeing the customers never even knew they were getting that engine. Even funnier is still seeing all the " we want a Yamaha 2 stroke posts". I'm sure that Yamaha voice is falling on deaf ears. I'm buying 2 "Yamaha, catmaha, yamacats" in the spring and will enjoy the best of what both company's can produce. And I am loyal to a fault for Yamaha, but I'm also OK with change. Like I stated before I believe the pure Yamaha is a thing of the past. And believe me if using cat stuff makes my two 12,000 dollar Sleds ride better bring it on. Hell I'm still riding that awesome design of a jem proaction skid! Oh wait the mono was a huge upgrade. Now on to the singleshot and only time will tell.

You misunderstood from the artical posted using the VOC term from the person at AC that was interviewed. Again I ask who has the largest VOC with AC? .... Not with Yamaha...It is Yamaha as the largest AC customer. Yamaha is an engineering driven company and in that style of product management they could care less what the customer wants other than building a quality product. Understand my point now ?

You misunderstood from the artical posted using the VOC term from the person at AC that was interviewed. Again I ask who has the largest VOC with AC? .... Not with Yamaha...It is Yamaha as the largest AC customer. Yamaha is an engineering driven company and in that style of product management they could care less what the customer wants other than building a quality product. Understand my point now ?
Got ya! :Rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back