• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Kimpex Stealth ski - no keel?

Grimm

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 MXZ 850
Another new dual runner ski on the market from Kimpex.
http://events.kimpex.com/Stealth

Love the 7 inch width (looks like they listenened to Kimpex Arrow users) ;)! ...don't know about those tall blades for runners though...curious how well they'd last.

Attachments

• kimpex-stealth-2.png
    kimpex-stealth-2.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 255
  • ski blade.jpg
    ski blade.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 861

If those blades are anything like the snowtracker they will have a very good ski! Extra width is nice as well as possible increase in ski stance. I loved there arrows just might have to try these out.

JROCK said:
If those blades are anything like the snowtracker they will have a very good ski! Extra width is nice as well as possible increase in ski stance. I loved there arrows just might have to try these out.

That's what I was thinking, basically a snowtracker incorporated into a ski.

Lawsuit coming maybe? :dunno:

I love my Arrow's. Snow Trackers have a center blade and a wing on each side so not quite the same. I never hear of anyone complaining about the durability of Snow Tracker's so I think these will be awesome !!

The 7" width will help a lot in the fluff. Thanks for the Info GRIMM!

Any one figure out this pricing? Is the pricing for each pc or are they for a pair ?

Attachments

• _STEALTH_ski.jpg
    _STEALTH_ski.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 410
Dennis Kirk has most of the parts listed as each
So: White ski bottoms $142.00 ea
Pair of outside carbides $ 99.00
Inside runners $ 15.00 ea
Blue ski loops $ 30.00 ea
Mounting kit $ 20.00 ea

Total Price: $ about 514.00 + shipping

"CRAP" Grimm you had me all fired up.

Saw them at Royal today. The front tip is concaved, almost like a big dent. I'm pretty sure they were listed for around $300

In the Royal Distributing flyer, they list the price for $358/pr. I'm assuming that includes black skis, black loops, runners and mount, but I can't confirm this.

A potential concern I'd have with the 2 uneven heights of the blades would be the unbalanced pressure it would put on the spindle bushings, especially if you max out the ski stance to 51". It probably would be better if the blades were the same height.

Interesting! Looks like they may work but unless you need the width the Tracker's would still be much cheaper.

Grimm said:
A potential concern I'd have with the 2 uneven heights of the blades would be the unbalanced pressure it would put on the spindle bushings, especially if you max out the ski stance to 51". It probably would be better if the blades were the same height.
You probably need the different height so they don't fill with snow and push like a dually.

Anyone running Arrows might be interested in my set up...I have Arrows on both my 09 Vector and 07 Nytro, I bought a set of SnowTracker OEM carbides and put a set on the inside of both sleds, I thought the Arrow's were good before but pushed a little. This setup is unreal...no push in any condition so far, rail like you dream about and no dart or heavy steering. Standard 6" carbide on the outside and Trackers on the inside. The best setup I've ridden to date and I think my quest for a better one has ended. When you consider $225 for 4 carbide and equipping both sleds it's a reasonable investment. Purchased from Shade Tree. Give them a try you'll love it!

RobWarrior said:
Anyone running Arrows might be interested in my set up...I have Arrows on both my 09 Vector and 07 Nytro, I bought a set of SnowTracker OEM carbides and put a set on the inside of both sleds, I thought the Arrow's were good before but pushed a little. This setup is unreal...no push in any condition so far, rail like you dream about and no dart or heavy steering. Standard 6" carbide on the outside and Trackers on the inside. The best setup I've ridden to date and I think my quest for a better one has ended. When you consider $225 for 4 carbide and equipping both sleds it's a reasonable investment. Purchased from Shade Tree. Give them a try you'll love it!

Can you take a picture of that set-up, I'd like to see it.

Back