• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New mountain ski vs. Mohawk ski

XIpyretta

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 xtx se
Anyone have some experience with running both on a btx se? I have a set of Mohawks but need to buy new mounting saddles to try them, $109. So far I've been impressed with the new mountain ski and could buy new runners for $75. The new mountain ski has a light steering effort and feels predictable... never thought I could say that about a Yamaha ski!

Anyone have some experience with running both on a btx se? I have a set of Mohawks but need to buy new mounting saddles to try them, $109. So far I've been impressed with the new mountain ski and could buy new runners for $75. The new mountain ski has a light steering effort and feels predictable... never thought I could say that about a Yamaha ski!
I have a BTX LE and this mountain ski is great in soft loose snow but on a hard pack trail in the morning they are down right dangerous the keels are too wide and won't cut in I switched to 6.9 pilots and love them!

I don't think they are that bad with the factory runners? I'm thinking they could only get better with shaper bars or any other carbide with deeper cut.

I don't think they are that bad with the factory runners? I'm thinking they could only get better with shaper bars or any other carbide with deeper cut.
I thought they were great till I rode a groomed trail that froze to -5F the night before and couldn't hardly make it around a corner they definitely need more carbide but you can't get shapers for them I tried.

So I pulled the trigger on a set of woodys ace 6" carbides for the mountain ski... what a difference! I can't compare them to the Mohawks on a btx but in my last sled ... a viper xtx I think these mountain skis are great... lighter steering and now with the deep carbide really turn ... no darting either... just went 70 miles on mostly groomed trails froze at about 15f. The $400 I'll get for the Mohawks will get me a clutch kit or an extra week in Quebec!! Thanks for the input everyone.

So I pulled the trigger on a set of woodys ace 6" carbides for the mountain ski... what a difference! I can't compare them to the Mohawks on a btx but in my last sled ... a viper xtx I think these mountain skis are great... lighter steering and now with the deep carbide really turn ... no darting either... just went 70 miles on mostly groomed trails froze at about 15f. The $400 I'll get for the Mohawks will get me a clutch kit or an extra week in Quebec!! Thanks for the input everyone.

I tried the ACE ones, better for cornering but darts when on hardpack....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the part # for the woodys ace 6" carbides?

Back