• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Personal Best for 2 Jannetty Turbo RX1s

Ted Jannetty

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.jannettyracing.com
My son Teddy wanted to go racing this year so we started testing as soon as the Ice was good, I leaned on the clutching a bit then put what I learned in the Blue Twin to mine.

We entered the Top Gun Shoot out at Lake Morey Resort in VT, and Qualified 1st with my Red RX1 at 4.65 147.92, and 2nd with Ted Gs Blue RX1 at 4.67 146.?

Blue one went out in the second round due to a sleepy driver, highly unusual for Walter, the Red Sled went to the Final and Runnered up by .002 to Jim Wentworth from NH.

Congrats Jim.

Anyway just wanted to Share our Fun Weekend and my new Personal best on the Timers.

Looking for 4.50s and I know right were it is Poor conditions and warm weather would not allow it..

Ted.

Ted awesome job at morey, it's good to see ole red back out and running great numbers.i hate to ask and you don't have to answer but is the motor still all stock and still running carbs? You certainly know how to tune these things

Ted, good to hear from you again. So Teddy is catching the fever, good to hear.
Nice job.

Ghost rider thats right all in 660ft also.the performance of ole red has always been spectacular in my opinion and it always amazed me at what ted was doing with a stock motor.its not always the most hp thats wins,alot has to do with the guy tuning and ted is one sharp cookie.maybe he will share the story behind ole red.

wantboost said:
Ted awesome job at morey, it's good to see ole red back out and running great numbers.i hate to ask and you don't have to answer but is the motor still all stock and still running carbs? You certainly know how to tune these things

Yes Sir 99% Yamaha OEM with 1% GNS ARP Studs on the Head.

Has not been apart since 2010 Yes Still Carburated.

Not much has changed since I built it in 2005, Mostly Chassis and Clutching stuff.

Thanks

Ted.

ghost rider said:
I'm i reading this right.... 146 mph in less than 5 seconds?
That is something else .... Wow.

4.65 seconds 147.92 MPH in 660 Ft. in Pretty Poor conditions 35 degrees and soft ice.

You should see it go when it's 20 degrees on Hard Ice, Just Plain Silly. LOL

Thanks
Ted.

mbarryracing said:
Nice job.

Yes he did, the Sled was retired in 2013 because we could not see Eye to Eye on Who runs the program, LOL Normal Father and Son Stuff.

He said he wanted to go racing this past Fall so I handed over the key the sled and all the tools and said go do it.

I said I will ride along as a Crew Member and handle the tuning.

So He does all the Work to get everything ready, maintenance cleaning fabrication loading up, driving to and from etc.

I Kick back and focus on the tuning.

It seems to be working well. ;)!

Thanks

That's pretty cool, proud moment as a Father. I keep hoping for the day to come that my 13 yr old puts down the Xbox and sets down the baseball glove and football helmet for a race helmet, but still waiting. Ha

Ted Jannetty said:
mbarryracing said:
Nice job.

Yes he did, the Sled was retired in 2013 because we could not see Eye to Eye on Who runs the program, LOL Normal Father and Son Stuff.

He said he wanted to go racing this past Fall so I handed over the key the sled and all the tools and said go do it.

I said I will ride along as a Crew Member and handle the tuning.

So He does all the Work to get everything ready, maintenance cleaning fabrication loading up, driving to and from etc.

I Kick back and focus on the tuning.

It seems to be working well. ;)!

Thanks

Thats great…. As long as you guys are doing it together…. I remember arguing with my dad on the lake over clutching and gearing set ups. But since 2003 since the 1st RX-1 we have been playing around with these sleds together…..Thats all that matters… Glad to see that sled still at the top of the food chain!!!!!

congradulations :-o . one of these days i will get my sled back to you for a tune up.its been over 6,000 trouble free miles since you did the turbo install. this has been a great season for snow & i needed it.

Ted Jannetty said:
ghost rider said:

4.65 seconds 147.92 MPH in 660 Ft. in Pretty Poor conditions 35 degrees and soft ice.

Thanks
Ted.

How do you get traction?
You have obviously mastered set up and tune over brute force extremely well.
Anyone can throw money at a sled to make it go fast but to do this with a stock
Engine with zero power adder is incredible.

Barry

Fergie said:
congradulations :-o . one of these days i will get my sled back to you for a tune up.its been over 6,000 trouble free miles since you did the turbo install. this has been a great season for snow & i needed it.

That's Awesome, Been wondering how many miles you have racked up.

Ted.

ghost rider said:
Ted Jannetty said:
ghost rider said:

Thanks
Ted.

How do you get traction?
You have obviously mastered set up and tune over brute force extremely well.
Anyone can throw money at a sled to make it go fast but to do this with a stock
Engine with zero power adder is incredible.

Barry

Hello Barry it is Turbo charged 25 psi boost that is my Power Adder.

Proline Ice Drag suspension with many of my own modifications for strength.
Camoplast 144 speed Track
220 Woody's 1.200 Chisel studs.
My chassis tuning.

Back