• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New rear heat exchanger kits for RX/RS and Apex/Attak models

If you have installed a tunnel extension and extended the track to a 136" I would recommend putting the 136" style cooler on it. It is a larger cooler so it would offer maximum cooling but don't forget you will need to fabricate some protectors for the cooler if you decide to install it.

Port-Parts said:
If you have installed a tunnel extension and extended the track to a 136" I would recommend putting the 136" style cooler on it. It is a larger cooler so it would offer maximum cooling but don't forget you will need to fabricate some protectors for the cooler if you decide to install it.
So I would need to move the crossover back or could I just use the 121 cooler in its stock location?

No need to move the crossover back as the 136" cooler hooks up to the hoses in the same place as the 121" cooler.

srxguy said:
Port-Parts said:
So I would need to move the crossover back or could I just use the 121 cooler in its stock location?

Yamaha rep told me to use the Apex 121" on my Attack. The original square tubes cover it (guards). He was at the sneek peek in Novi Mi Monday. Does he know what he is talking about?
:exc:

cire - the 121" style will fit and not need any extra protection due to where it mounts. The only drawback to using it compared to the 136" style is it is only about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of the 136" cooler so it won't cool nearly as well as the bigger 136" style but it will work and run cooler than stock. Give me a call if you need more details. Thanks

Attak Cooler

I was just wondering why the 136" cooler is needed for the attak. It's the same motor as the Apex and the 121" cooler works good for them. Also, you don't have to do anything with the protectors, right?

Do you have any 121" in stock and how much are they?
What is the price of the 136" with the new extended tunnel protectors?

Thanks.

Trev

Trev - I believe it is better to use the bigger cooler on the Attaks due to the snow being pushed out the back of the sled generally hits the snowflap and area near it - thats why on the 121" Apex models the smaller cooler located were the stock crossover pipe is works. When you put that cooler in the same position and location on an Attak it is to far forward to receive enough snow spray to aid cooling therefore the bigger cooler is the better way to go as it mounts further back and has more overall capacity to help cool the sled. As far as pricing goes I believe we are now selling the latest version of the 121" kits for around $160 and the latest version of the 136" kits for around $350. We do have the kits in stock and if you need more info or to the penny pricing give me a call at the shop. Thanks

COOLER

I have an 121" RX -1 with a Hartman 136 " extension, does anybody know if either of these coolers will work ?

I don't see why the 121" style wouldn't work as it just replaces the stock crossover pipe - as far as the 136" style goes I don't know - hopefully someone else with experience with one of those and the coolers can chime in.

Back