• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New tuner skis results

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
700 miles on mine, 4 in mid 2 on outside. Installed on my 2010 apex ltx gt. Skis work well in almost all conditions. I used to run doolys with stock skis and yes I didn't have darting but had lots of push in corners. Now I have been able to put ski pressure back on the front and the sled handles so much better! I run a lot of pics in the rear so I might try 4 and 4 but for now it is the best its been in the 3 seasons I have run my sled. I have ridden tight well set up trails and saw min darting at slow speeds and steering was not to hard on the arms. High speed set up trails the skis shined and railed around the big corners with ease. Soft trails worked well and had much more bite than stockers with doolys. Powder riding was much more predictable and had improved flotation and steering. Bottom line is as I said my long track now is finally a fun and predicable sled to ride!

Tunner skis

I have just 100 miles on mine on a 05 RX1 loaded with studs. I had C&A skis that I had on my sled before turned great, they darted less than the stock skis but still were not very good, and they had very heavy ski pressure at low speeds, like turning a car with no power steering.

The tunner skis are great. We had hard pack trail with 2-4 inch of light snow on top. We were not riding aggressive because we had a couple young kids with us, other than a couple mile blast down a bumpy power line to ease the bumps.

I had no darting they turned great in the corners, and much less effort to turn at slow speeds and held a great line while running 70 plus in 1- 1 1/2 foot bumps.

I talked to another guy in our group on a 12 Apex and he said he was darting.

Very happy with them so far.

I just put tuner skies on my 08 apex ltxgt and am not impressed at all 2-4 carbides still pushes and throws ya around like a rage doll. Thinking of going back to stock skies and going with bergstrom set up :o|

Crankster, How is your set up, Have you check your sag? 40-45 MM rear skid,check alignment and set toe to 1/4 in out? Look at my posts for how to set up or others. I found my sag to be set for an 165 lb rider as I am 220lb made a huge difference. Also if front end parts are worn can also make a big differance. Sounds like too much ski pressure but Try 1 thing at a time and make smaller adjustments as things improve. I know some folks have given up on tunners and went to other options but all I can say is it was the best thing for me. Good luck. I will help you if I can
Blue ;)!

Crank here is my suspension adjustments: ( Came from set ups from fello TYers)

Sled rode real soft and low, Darting and hard to turn.
So Here is what I found yesterday:
Used the Ohlins 136" preload setting Chart from Toms FAQ section
Rear spring prelaod was set too:
11.25in or 286mm track off ground
10 .18 track on floor no rider wiight
summary suspension was set up for a rider of 130lbs !

Now set :
10.7in or 274mm track off ground
9.33in or 238mm on floor no rider weight
Sag is 1.70in or 43mm with 220 lb rider weight
Sag reading per my manual instead of just reading the lenght of spring
measuring from sping bottom to center of mounting bolt is 1.7in or 43mm

Crank, This helped considerable with my ride and handling before I put the tunners on. If I remember all I checked when I put the tunners on was the ski alignment and toe. Use this as a general guide if you want. also front ski springs should be loose on the shock to loosen the preload. front arms as close to parallel to ground as possible.
Good luck
Blue

Snow Tracker's on stock ski's! Darting gone, they bite and no more try this try that.
No shim's, set toe to 0 with bunge across tip's and ride with one hand if you want.

Ultra, Sorry, I have been playing with a new photo program and wanted to try it. Hope you are just kidding? At first I laughed, then thought hit me maybe he's not kidding? Amazing how thought full I am becoming of others..... Not really !
Blue :tg:

Ultra, Slowed down the av for you. lol :jump:

Back