• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Newbie secondary Q?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
OSP adjuster is opening up secondary b4 it bottoms out? What am I missing? I took spacer & shims out.....duh, now what

IMG_20161231_115925686-640x380.jpg

I love my new Yamaha, I love my new Yamaha, I love my new Yamaha...... Snap!!!

Happy New year everybody!!!!! $(#+@/$('!:;_!"!!!!!!!

IMG_20161231_150901668-640x380.jpg

I have tried calling, left a message, it's been two days, no call back.
Not impressed, after the sale service is what really matters, I'll take my business else where next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I guess I'm mad too......

Well this is what the adjuster looked like with deflection still too loose.
IMG_20161231_124124494-640x380.jpg

So given the ease of adjustment, should be easy to adjust for 8DN belt? Or am I wrong.

So given the ease of adjustment, should be easy to adjust for 8DN belt? Or am I wrong.

Idk.....but I needed to turn the outside collar counterclockwise. Which would have showed even move threads. Yuck! Right? Collar needs to on more!

Just add one .060 thou washer along with the two that came with it,and bolt it back togeather as it came from your dealer,and you will love the 8DN belt,at 55-60 bucks,ya its much harder,and a tad longer,but it runs fine.

Are we supposed to add the two factory shims? I didn't put them in.....

Ok I'm needing to adjust my secondary is there a special shim I need or can I use a regular washer? Need to add one or two more shims to get the belt back into factory specs area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not impressed with the osp adjuster either can't the Allen threads into it super hard and still doesn't open it enough to change the belt I have to thread the adjuster in as tight as it goes to get it off and mine is the same it's right at the end I'm wishing I tried "the other companies" adjuster

Back