• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No brake light or running light on 2016 vk pro 2

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 VK Pro II
My brake light and running light quit working on my 2016 vk pro 2.

The light is an LED. What voltage should I have at the rear connector before it plugs into the brake light assembly. Should it be a full 12-14 volts?

Thanks so much to anyone that can help.

I am trying to avoid taking to the dealer as I only have 400 km on it....

Did you check the fuse, if it's blown might want to look under the handle bar pad, some of the 2017 vk 540 had lighting issues and it ended up being a chafed wire @ the Handle bars under the pad, not the fault of the sled but dealers not assembling sled properly! Cheers!

Did you check the fuse, if it's blown might want to look under the handle bar pad, some of the 2017 vk 540 had lighting issues and it ended up being a chafed wire @ the Handle bars under the pad, not the fault of the sled but dealers not assembling sled properly! Cheers!
Is the fuse for the headlight the same as the brakelight...my headlights work fine....do you know what the voltage should be at the taillight?

I will check wiring under handle bar pad..thanks for the tip.

Thanks

I do believe it's a different fuse can't remember which one it is but, check them all! Cheers!

it should be battery voltage at the tail lamp. could be that it has just come un-plugged someplace it it was not seated properly on assembly.

My brake light and running light quit working on my 2016 vk pro 2.

The light is an LED. What voltage should I have at the rear connector before it plugs into the brake light assembly. Should it be a full 12-14 volts?

Thanks so much to anyone that can help.

I am trying to avoid taking to the dealer as I only have 400 km on it....
Turns out the rear brake light failed - it was replaced under warranty.

Back