• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No dash lights but it has power?

Irv

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 40th Anniversary Vector.
1995 XLT SP (Son's)
I posted this in the RS section but thought I should post this here as well?

Anyways, after a long sleep, (18-19 months with no rides or fire ups), I put my battery back in and buttoned everything up but get no dash lights or anything when I turn the key on?
The motor will crank (haven't added gas yet to fire it) but nothing on my dash?
I did the hold down the thumb warmer/turn the key on trick and everything lit up like usual?
After I did that I figured problem solved as I figured it was just due to lack of use, but turning the key on, as to start it, I get nothing?

I have Yamaheaters so I turned it on and got the red light right away so I know that is working?
Seems very odd to me I get power to the dash doing the thumb warmer trick but nothing when I just turn the key on?

I am not an electrical guy by any stretch so any info would be great.

Thanks............Irv

Thanks guys. I totally forgot!
Like I mentioned in the RS section, after I read the first reply, that is the purpose of the thumb/key trick, so you can see the dash/milage, etc, without firing it up.
Miss a year sledding and away from this site and I forget how my machine works! DOH!:oops:

Back