• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No snow on my rails????

Trailblazergt

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Apex LTX stretched 144
I got a 2008 Apex LTXGT that i just recently swapped my 136" track for a 144" Ice Attack, in doing so I did not put on extensions to my rails I had custom tipped up rails made for the sled, I also removed stock drivers and put in a pair of Wahl Bros drivers.
I am experiencing a lot of hyax wear pretty much every time the sled moves sort of speak the hyfaxes are smelling like crazy, I can see where the wear is coming from, that is between the front pair of wheels and the rear inside set of wheels just behind the rear swing arm which btw that set of wheels are no longer in the original position they have been placed back 3" to help with the wear in the tip up area of the rail. Also I am experiencing hyfax wear in the front of the rail just below the rod that holds the tensioning belt.
I have put on about 500 klms since the set up has been installed and each time I ride I am noticing no snow under the sled on the rails, I have ice scratchers and have been using them with good success. I am curious if it could be related to the front drivers, before there was four now there is two, perhaps there is some kind of vaccum created between them to lift and keep the snow in the track, this is driving me bonkers even in snow covered trails my ice scratchers have to be used.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, here's a pic of the sled.

Attachments

• IMG_1320 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1320 (Medium).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 91

Back