• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not new to Video, but GoPro Newbie

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
So my wife knew I was shopping cameras with all the holiday sales going on, so she took the initiative to tell me to open a gift early before I spent some money on what she had already bought.

She bought me the GoPro Hero 3+ Black bundle at Sam's Club. This came with the remote, dual battery charger and a spare battery. It's a great bundle.

I was considering the Drift Innovations camera that Yellowknife uses for it's DVR-like capability, but I think I can make this awesome camera work for me.

I am not new to action video, as I come from the old school days in the early 90's of carrying VHS camcorders while skiing the mountains, to the first Lipstick cams attached to Hi8 cameras in fanny packs. I currently have been using a Kodak 1080p and Kodak 720 cams on Ram mounts.

My question is what are some of the must have mounts, and accessories for these GoPros? I already ordered a 64GB card, extra flat and curved bases, and a Gopro to standard threaded camera mount converter. This will allow me to use the ramball mounts I have for my Kodaks, as they use the standard threaded tripod mounts.

I think a chest mount would be good, as I move my head quite a bit based on the videos I have created so far. I would love to have gooseneck from my TekVest and a gooseneck for the front bumper. I rigged a gooseneck before, but the cam and neck were heavy enough that it bounced quite a bit.

Your suggestions are always welcome. I hope to be posting up some new vids to my YouTube channel this season again. Of course, they will not be as entertaining as Yellowknife's vids, but I try.

Thanks guys!

There's a new mount out for strapping to a backpack strap. It takes any camera with a tripod mount. There's a Ram ball mount with a Go-Pro mount attached. See there's a 4 out now.

Back