• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ns1 gauges

Got my gauge today and read through the instructions.
Stephan loaded the GPS trailmasters app for me after I sent him my confirmation link.
Looking at the unit, I think I will buy a USB extension to make unplugging the unit easier when I have to leave my sled outside overnight.
Also, I will probably safety wire the hold down tabs to the base as not to drop them in the sled.
Has anyone modified the hold down tabs so that you can just loosen then turn them to get the unit out? It seems as you have to completely remove them to get the unit to off the base. Maybe it will different when I get it mounted.
I am excited to use this gauge.
The holes are oblong on those tabs. If you turn both the tabs the same way, the gauge can come out without removing the wing nuts completely.

Does anyone here use the Trailmasters GPS with the NS1 gauge? I would like to speak with an actual user.
I love the gauge part. Easy to see, a ton of info.
I am still trying to figure out the GPS part. Rode Wednesday and used it to find my way around some trails I was unfamiliar with.. Used it yesterday and it seemed pretty glitchy, big blue blocks on my GPS screen and the screen was doing some weird stuff.
All I really want out of this thing is to find gas and hotels.
I like simplicity.

Right few things I would like to be different. Overall I like the idea. And how it works. Only second weekend with it though so having to get used to it. And it was -5 to 5 deg (f) this weekend so I was taking it in an out at stops to keep it from being cold. Otherwise it works great. And it would probably be fine leaving it also.

That said what I know I would like right now would be a screen that allows me to tag in an app of my own where the map is such as the gap flasher app or in my case the NYSSA gps trail map I have available.

I would really like a screen with speedo and tach large and temp small in another location, odometer and trip odometer would be great, and a high beam indicator. Its first world issues but some things I would like to find.

I like the gauge part. I made a bracket to move it up @2inches. I have a taller seat and a bar riser so it made sense to move the gauge up. It is perfect now.
I think you may be able to configure the gauge the way you described.
My boost gauge on the NS1 doesn't seem to jive with what my GAP flasher is telling me.
The GPS seemed to work fine Saturday riding the some of the same trails I rode Friday. I am sure any problems I am experiencing are my own fault. I just need to use this thing and get used to it. I haven't tried to set a waypoint and use the GPS to take me there. Say to gas or food.
I have set up 5 different screens and have been toggling between them depending on how large I want the gauges vs. the GPS screen
I leave mine on the sled all the time.

I like the ideal of gauge just need to play with it more myself. And I should have left it on as a trial this weekend for sure.

I got the gauge and GPS trailmaster. It depends on level of detail and info you choose to display, the more info and detail the more blocks I've found. There is a few settings too that decide at what zoom level more detail comes in which will give you those blocks. I don't think you can do turn by turn nav to a waypoint. I think you'd have to plan a route in garmin basecamp and transfer it in and even then it just shows a highlighted route. I added a small blue LED indicator light so I could tell when they are on, I just spliced into the stock harness. I put it behind the gauge and it actually glows blue behind it so easy to see.

Back