• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nuvi 50 install pics

Also I think I read somewhere that if you want to use the turn by turn for snowmobile trails on vv mapping you have to go into the settings and check the box that says don't route thru toll ways. I guess vv has all roads as toll roads. Never tried it, but I read it somewhere when a guy said turn by turn guidance did not work on his vv mapping chip for snowmobile trails.

I will give this Redpine a shot but I really liked the looks of the vv. I will tell my buddy to try that.

can you get snow maps for any brand gps that has a sd card slot or are they specific to garmin I got a no name gps unit from a pawn shop thinking I could use it on the sled I only paid like 10 buck so i thought id try now I dont know where to look for maps.

can you get snow maps for any brand gps that has a sd card slot or are they specific to garmin I got a no name gps unit from a pawn shop thinking I could use it on the sled I only paid like 10 buck so i thought id try now I dont know where to look for maps.
I know with redpinemapping you select the map format you needed based on the brand. So you'd have to figure out what format it uses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Our maps work on Garmin and Lowrance brand GPS units only, and we also have a version available for iPhones.
this is off their website so i guess it may not be easy to find the maps anyone have ideas on what unit to get for a cheap set up hopefuly used?

Our maps work on Garmin and Lowrance brand GPS units only, and we also have a version available for iPhones.
this is off their website so i guess it may not be easy to find the maps anyone have ideas on what unit to get for a cheap set up hopefuly used?
It's not so much that they are set up for Garmin and Lowrance as it is that those companies are using a file system the map builders made maps with. Your no name GPS more than likely uses the Garmin format. I'd try to find a brand and model for it to figure out what file system it uses.

Otherwise the Garmin Nuvi 50 is a great unit to use. I see it available for about $50 on ebay

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried a Garmin Nuvi 65 (6 inch) on there sled? If so, how do you like it? I have a 4.3 inch now and thinking of going to either a 5 or 6 inch. I have it mounted on top of the gauges on my 14 Vector LTX like it shows on this thread.

IMG_20150916_144619.jpg
I just mounted the 255w 4.3" on mine yesterday. And VVMAP is great service.

Last edited:
I had a Nuvi 50, now have a 2757 - what a huge difference going from a 5" to a 7". If I had known, I would have got the 2797 that has Bluetooth and could have seen who's calling on the screen LOL.

It was nice to have that bar to clamp to. The zippered cover came from fleabay for when it's snowing bad or when parked; cut a hole in the back side for the power cord and mount.

Connected to battery; I never turn it off when it's on the sled so it stays warm when stopped zipped up in the case. When I turned my Nuvi 50 off in the cold and then back on again it did some weird things (screen slowed down), after that I just left it on all day.

P1020375.JPG

P1020376.JPG

P1020379.JPG

Has anyone tried a Garmin Nuvi 65 (6 inch) on there sled? If so, how do you like it? I have a 4.3 inch now and thinking of going to either a 5 or 6 inch. I have it mounted on top of the gauges on my 14 Vector LTX like it shows on this thread.

I looked all over and I guess nobody makes a case (yet) for the 6" Garmins.

Back