• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro 12v outlet

Yannie

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro RTX
Has anybody installed a generic outlet on their nytro?

Pick a place and install 12v outlet and wire to battery with an inline fuse prior to battery positive connection.

^^x2...I think even the C-Tire ones with cap will fit in the stock location of the left side of the handle bars (covered by rubber grommet/plug).

If you don't want to go to battery, you could splice into accessory adapter (I think I'd rather go to battery) or find a stock plug, splice the 12 v adapter onto that and plug directly into stock location.

I'm curious to know if people have in stalled generic outlets in the stock location.

I did, I got it from local marine shop for like 8 or 9 bucks.. Works great and even has watertite cover.

Isn't there a fused acc port of some sort behind the clutch somewhere?

I need to tap into for keeping my phone charged bluetoothing tunes to the helmet.

Isn't there a fused acc port of some sort behind the clutch somewhere?

I need to tap into for keeping my phone charged bluetoothing tunes to the helmet.
Yeah there is, but it's only on when sled runs.

yes there is but not sure what wire, could do a search, I know it was talked about before, or go directly to the battery with a fuse holder is what I did.

Only running would be fine since my phone will be inside with me anyways.
Got it apart now, have to do a quick look at it.

30070d2a3866b27054c6249c9e656d37.jpg

I ran one in the stock hole on the dash, direct to battery with a fuse on the positive side, made the fuse visible when hood is off so come summer i can pull the fuse and not worry.
I work at VW/Audi so i found an Audi plug that had a plastic nut for the backside and it fits perfect.

I bought a 12v marine grade kit on amazon with the male plug part for $14us. I took off the white pigtail plug from the stock location (as seen in Yannie's post) and soldered 16awg to some pin terminals that the local stealership gave me. I then took out those 2 black rubber plugs from the white factory harness and pushed in the soldered terminals. Made sure there was a connection all the way up to the outlet and filled in with liquid electrical tape around the wire that i soldered that goes in to the white plug. Works like a champ and only spent $18us instead of $60 for the yammi kit. I did the direct wire to battery on my last nytro and definitely like the stock location option better.

I installed a Polaris one, it has a rubber cap on it to keep the snow out. I think it was $12.00. I drilled a hole through the factory hole filler so did no cutting on my console. Connected it through a fuse directly to battery so it is hot all the time.

You can make your own factory one for arou d 15-30 bucks with the outlet included. Just go but the proper sumitimo 2 prong mt 09 sealed connector. I believe it is. There's two in that series so you have to check if the factory one is smooth or if it has two little bumps where the female end goes in. Now granted if you want power all the time this aint the fix I don't think as its powered by the key I do believe. Otherwise it sure beats hacking and splicing wires to make your own. Typical yamaha fashion their accessory is way over priced so why not save 50-60 bucks and make your own I figure.

Back