• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro How to? Tech and Mods.

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
This a sticky thread that each section can use to post thread links and info on mods, tech questions and How to?. Please do not use this thread other then helping others find what important about each model. All other post that I find in this area that are not of any use will be removed.

Ok..first post? Anyway have a few questions..
1. I know this is a stupid question but is it possible for an aftermarket belt give you better performance? Before I blew my OEM belt I could never do a wheelie; but now I can with this aftermarket belt. Any ideas?

2. What is the weight savings of C&A skis over stock?
Thanks guys! Sorry MrSled if this is the wrong area to ask these questions...

Hey Blk,

Its actually a good question, most aftermarket softer belts will give you access to more power. The stock belts used by Yamaha are designed for high mileage and are made of a harder compound, but because they are harder, they tend to slip on the clutch, meaning less power to the track.

As for skis, you arent gonna save much in hte wqeight department. But you will find they dart less and go where you tell them to.

And yeah, I would jsut throw up a new topic for this one.

Hey BLK- I hear that the ultimax belts actually run a lot cooler (-10 degrees consistently) than the stock yami belts which allows them to put more power down and slip less.

Here is my question. Anyone have a aftermarket exhaust for your nytro? I was looking at a rumble pack or the white knuckle performance sytems. Anyone have any imput on those systems.

softer belts heat up the clutchs more and harder to spin, making you run a slower top end.......well thats what i found from running a dayco HPX to stock also the softer belt my rpms are 2-300 lower.

What would be better, the stock 121" tunnel/track or the extended to 136"? I do both lake running and trail running

Back