• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Powered Mini Jet Boat Build

Not going to get any tuning done this weekend but here is a pic from Mondays session
image.jpg

That was a solo run. With us two in the boat it was around 47. That's running 5 psi boost and pulling around 8000 rpms. AFRs were still bouncing from 13.6-15.5. I got a new map from rick at oft to try next time out.

Great build thread! I'm thinking of doing something similar. Where did you end up with the impellars? Did the 11/14 make a big difference? I've been wondering how using a jetpump out of a large waverunner would compare to a jetsled about this size....

Great build thread! I'm thinking of doing something similar. Where did you end up with the impellars? Did the 11/14 make a big difference? I've been wondering how using a jetpump out of a large waverunner would compare to a jetsled about this size....

Now with the turbo I am at 14.5/17.5 and want to get a 14/20. 155mm pump I feel is a good choice for the range of imp options.

Very cool! How difficult was it to modify the end of the crank to get the pump drive on? Any other gotcha's in the build? If I turbo I'm thinking of using the td04-16t as I use a similar turbo on a small diesel and they are a dime a dozen off of volvos. Is the garret turbo you used off an oem application?

Any idea on the weight of your boat with motor and all?

I did not do any modifications to the crank itself. I made an adaptor to adapt a yamaha jet coupler.

Not sure on factory application for the turbo.

The weight is about 650.

The biggest thing is to make sure the bottom is flat with no hook when all done.

What does the bottom of your boat look like after your done on the river? How much time do you spend pounding out dents? Looks like a lot of fun anyway.

Back