• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro RTX SE MCX 240, 35"w 5"f, PEAK Multiduro 154"16"2,5"

What type of tubes is it (quality and dumension) ?
Heey Danne, they are regular mild steel from Percus here in town. I've been thinking about using Docol but the flex offered by the mild steel vs. the rigid and more likely to crack if welded incorrectly Docol made me pick regular steel.

I can't go removing weight from the sled, that would give me an unfair advantage vs. the regular joe out there.. . Got to keep things in order you know ;-)
The dimension I' cant remember, but I think they are 23x2 mm . .

It's back, in black.
Brought the sled to town with me, hopefully I'm gonna get some work done during the weeks now and not just every third.. .
Currently I'm looking at the steering mechanism, considering either extending the steering colum and welding the linkage to it to acquire a direct steering,
or go the way of using a Steering U joint..

The way it works right now is making me apply an excessive amount in steering effort.
The rods are pushing in a forward movement, instead of pushing perpendicular to the sled outward..
IMG_1443.jpg

Im also working on a sled lift project..
IMG_20161016_120503.jpg

Very Nice! Keep us informed to how everything works out.

On the AC spindles are they taller from ground to the mount on the bottom a arm? Whats the reason for using them?

@whitewheels, thanks :) . . although regarding the fairing project I've realized that to get it done and done looking good, and still get to ride this winter, I'll be taking a few steps back an putting back some of the Nytro shrouds.
@edge_232, thanks!
@Snowman871, thanks!
@Sportsterdanne, some, quite alot. But I'm not "done", I'll do a quick summary in next post!
@mckinney: The reason and the purpose aren't really the same thing.. :) I bought the Spindels a long time ago, thinking that I'd go through with this operation, meanwhile, AC/Yamaha released their new sleeker spindels.. :-/

I'll post a few pics leading up to the decision to manufacture the new A-arms and use the AC spindels that I had..

It started with as great day ... lots of snow, hard and soft, technical riding in the mountain woods..
And then. BAM.
20160226%2012%2003%2035.jpg

.. the ski-leg broke in two pieces. .tied the ski back with some rope, rode out of the back country, loaded the sled and blasted 100km back home...

20160226_170215_007.jpg

Decided to TIG welde a steering rod in place and skip the bushing for the rest of the weekend. loaded it beck up and drove back to the crew same night, and went back out the next day!

... and you all know how those days are, fantastic weather, a great group of riders. ..
VID_20160225_143549.gif

. ..

So did it work out?
You guessed it. .

20160227%20104707.jpg

IMG_80301.jpg

Barely a dent.....

20160227%20144432.jpg

So day one.
Broken ski-leg.

Day two,
Broken A-Arms.

And what of track you say?
what track will I be riding this season?

Not the Challenger Extreme , 144x15x2.5 (left)
Not the PEAK 2.5 Multiduro, 153x16x2.5 (middle)
But the Composit tracks Talon 66.6, 154x15x2.62 (right)

It'll be interesting.
The challander, I cant say that it impressed me. It held up, but it was not a "HOLY S**T this track is the best!" kinda track..
The PEAK, it performed mutch better than the Challenger, but it is NOT as durable. Id guess 25% of the logs are missing (on the other side)
And the talon, it is a beast weighing in at 26,3kg (60.19 lbs) well see how it acts this season.

20170121_154356.jpg

Those dam trees never play fair! I love the dedication to get back out on the snow & ingenuity to work around adversity. With 20 years in the military as a mechanic (suppose to be anyways) I know all about that. Great work & keep ripping up the snow while you can!

So here it is at it stands today the rear drop brackets are replaced with 4mm aluminum plates now instead of the steele ones in the picture below. And I've bought a new White Nytro hood to replace my broken blue one. In the lower picture you can allso see how narrow the side panels can get...

20170211_131327.jpg

20170212_174111_ed.jpg

Why did they abandon the Nytro chassis again?????

I think there is enough development happening on TY to keep it "new" for a long time. Too bad no one at Yami ever listened.

Awesome Job Melmaq...loving the narrow panels. Snap a few more pic's of those when you get a chance.

OTM

Soooo..... I have a question.
What is the noice coming from the engine compartment as I engeage the ignition, and then again afterwards as I turn it of.?

The clicking, sounding like the predator, that is.?

Back