• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Supercharger Build 2016

The sensor doesn't have to mounted to say the air box to read boost pressure inside of it ?

The sensor doesn't have to mounted to say the air box to read boost pressure inside of it ?

Koso Boost Sensor gets plugged into the gauge and then you tee into the line that goes from the throttle bodies to the blow off. The sensor can be mounted anyplace and run a hose thats supplied to that tee from the sensor. Did you read the directions that came with the Koso?

Koso Boost Sensor gets plugged into the gauge and then you tee into the line that goes from the throttle bodies to the blow off. The sensor can be mounted anyplace and run a hose thats supplied to that tee from the sensor. Did you read the directions that came with the Koso?
Oh ok , guess I didn't see that in the directions , thanks

MrSled, thanks for the write up and photos! I'll be starting my install in a couple weeks. Did you put in the gears and chain? Also, do you think the gauges are necessary or did it run OK right out of the box?

MrSled, thanks for the write up and photos! I'll be starting my install in a couple weeks. Did you put in the gears and chain? Also, do you think the gauges are necessary or did it run OK right out of the box?

It ran pretty good out of the box but I had a few fuel issues that I needed the gauges to know, so in that case it almost a must have. As far as the gears, I kept the XTX gearing and it works awesome so I did not feel the need for any further changes on my project.

Any chance anyone has a write up on the clutch rebuild? I have an Ulmer kit on it already with 6500 miles. Thinking I should go through it.

MrSled I'm in the process of installing MPI kit on my buddy's nytro not sure we're he got the kit but it is not the Yamaha version. my question is it came with 2 bov 's one is adjustable and the other is like the one you used on your build. Witch one do I use the directions does not really talk about the bov at all. One other question how did you get that hose that comes from the gems controler on that brass barb on air box.

MrSled I'm in the process of installing MPI kit on my buddy's nytro not sure we're he got the kit but it is not the Yamaha version. my question is it came with 2 bov 's one is adjustable and the other is like the one you used on your build. Witch one do I use the directions does not really talk about the bov at all. One other question how did you get that hose that comes from the gems controler on that brass barb on air box.

If you want to tinker with the when and how the blow off comes in then use the adjustable, if not use the non. As far as the brass barb, you will need to add a hose and put on a reducer. They make a black rubber reducer. Usually can get those at Napa. You can also call MPI.

I just bought a used mpi kit and finished getting it installed. It is a non intercooled with 27t top and 28t bottom sprockets, gems controller and upgraded fuel pump. I haven't ridden it yet because I'm not sure what fuel I should run.
I'm low elevation in maine. So close to sea level to maybe 5k feet max.

Any help on where I should start with fuel( pump gas, 100ll or even c12) would be great.
Thanks, mike

I just bought a used mpi kit and finished getting it installed. It is a non intercooled with 27t top and 28t bottom sprockets, gems controller and upgraded fuel pump. I haven't ridden it yet because I'm not sure what fuel I should run.
I'm low elevation in maine. So close to sea level to maybe 5k feet max.

Any help on where I should start with fuel( pump gas, 100ll or even c12) would be great.
Thanks, mike

Posting this question might be better in the 4strokes turbo/supercharger forum.
https://ty4stroke.com/forums/4-stroke-turbos-supercharger.24/