• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OEM Agreement Between Yamaha & Textron

WOW Charley you did NAIL it.

If we/they do not turn this back into a FAMILY sport than only those who ride snow cross racer and have deep pockets or sponsors remain and that's not enough for a sustainable market.

I look at all my grand kids and think only old cheep, low powered sleds are in the real sled future. May try a couple of the 120s then scoots for lots of fun.
Although my 2 year old grand son claims the APEX as 'MINE' and his brothers like the Viper and Vector. BUT no way can you put a kid on these high power sleds. Not safe for the child, others and OH ya don't hurt BAPA's (grand pa's) sleds.
You know maybe they are onto something with the intro of the Snowscoot and its Cat counterpart! Maybe this is the beginning of a string of in between sleds. Maybe for 2019 a 50mph sled to go along with the Scoot!;)

You know maybe they are onto something with the intro of the Snowscoot and its Cat counterpart! Maybe this is the beginning of a string of in between sleds. Maybe for 2019 a 50mph sled to go along with the Scoot!;)

Yes its the right direction! Then bring back the enticer! Just make it steer a bit better! 250cc pick it up and carry it on you shoulder yet a full grown kid can and did ride it, damn near anywhere! My buddy raced one on the ice oval, with left hand throttle, curled bar he hit 70mph hanging off the side in the corners. Won the 250 class hands down! On the snow 45 mph was easy!

I remember 45 mph being flying and oh yea lots of fun.

Now I am bummed at not hitting 100 with the Viper or 120 on the Apex -high expectations .

Doing my part for the future of snowmobiling!! My son is too young yet but his days are coming. I grew up in the outdoors and trying to mold the same into my kids. My daughter is 6 and she begs to go outside over watching tv or game console. Kids are the future of our sport and hopefully with the new snoscoot the manufacturers will target that niche more going forward.
baa33061a8978bb3e9ba67f6e9aa2cd8.jpg
9a67af20c6ac925f1ae78948a542ef4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics Nytrorider! Just read this on Blowest. Not sure what the future holds, but change is inevitable:

The new owner of Arctic Cat will close the company’s freshly opened headquarters in downtown Minneapolis’ North Loop and move the 60 jobs to Thief River Falls, where the firm was founded in 1960, or St. Cloud, the site of a production facility.

The snowmobile and ATV manufacturer relocated from Plymouth to Minneapolis last summer, but the company was sold to Textron Inc. for $247 million in January.

The closing of the headquarters could bring dozens of workers back to Thief River Falls, as Arctic Cat’s new owner plans to expand operations in the far northwest Minnesota city.

Rhode Island-based Textron also announced plans to move production of its Stampede, an off-road vehicle, from its facility in Augusta, Ga., to Thief River Falls. It’s unclear when the move will happen, but Textron spokesman Brandon Haddock told the Thief River Falls Times it would be soon.

To read the rest of the article, go here: http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/1...eadquarters-moving-jobs-to-thief-river-falls/

Doing my part for the future of snowmobiling!! My son is too young yet but his days are coming. I grew up in the outdoors and trying to mold the same into my kids. My daughter is 6 and she begs to go outside over watching tv or game console. Kids are the future of our sport and hopefully with the new snoscoot the manufacturers will target that niche more going forward.

I couldn't agree more. without the next generation we are done. My grandkids are my next project, Victor like it or not is my protege, he is tall has the hands the size of someone twice his age and likes liver and cheesecake. My mini me and I hope my replacement. My Apex I leave to him may he have the same good time's I have had! The future is our seed lets nurture it!

Great pics I have grandsons-5- and they want to be on Bapas snowmobiles all the time even in the trailer. I am going to show them these pics and convince them all snowmobile girls are that pretty. What a beautiful girl proud papa!!

Just to throw a monkey wrench into it all Lockheed Martin is interested in purchasing Textron. If that were to happen I'd say there's a good chance Textron Specialized Vehicles gets spun off. What then?

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/news/2017/05/12/talk-heats-up-of-lockheed-interest-in-buying.html

The renaming of Arctic Cat dirt products gives them a lot more flexibility if they ever want to sell off the snowmobile operations. Make no mistake Textron purchased AC for wheeled products and the dealer network. Snowmobiles are the least of their concern.

Just to throw a monkey wrench into it all Lockheed Martin is interested in purchasing Textron. If that were to happen I'd say there's a good chance Textron Specialized Vehicles gets spun off. What then?

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/news/2017/05/12/talk-heats-up-of-lockheed-interest-in-buying.html

The renaming of Arctic Cat dirt products gives them a lot more flexibility if they ever want to sell off the snowmobile operations. Make no mistake Textron purchased AC for wheeled products and the dealer network. Snowmobiles are the least of their concern.

This explains the lack of progress with Yamaha....with the AC buy Textron has enhanced their market position for ATVs increased the value of the corp. No way are they going to sign a new OEM Agreement with Yamaha in the near future they don't need that kind of baggage at the table with Lockheed Martin. Nothing will happen with Yamaha /Textron while they are talking that is for sure to any buyers. Lockheed Martin is whole new can of worms for Yamaha....YIKES what can happen next? lol

If I was a multi-billionaire, I'd buyout Cat and Yamaha sled divisions and merge into a resurrected Rupp brand. Can you say 4-stroke Nitro? Gimme some chrome skis dammit!

If I was a multi-billionaire, I'd buyout Cat and Yamaha sled divisions and merge into a resurrected Rupp brand. Can you say 4-stroke Nitro? Gimme some chrome skis dammit!
Just no coolant in the bumper please!

Back