• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

**Official Clutch Rattle Removal Thread w/ Pics**

2 strokes with a can are noisy, a 4 stroke with a clutch rattle really... turn the key off and the noise is gone... Lets move onto a real issue!

Screenshot_2016-02-14-18-28-41.png Screenshot_2016-02-14-18-27-26.png Pull it all apart put the stub shaft in an EDM machine bore a small in hole in the two parts and put a expansion pin / roll pin in the hole done . :die I bet if you got a new stub shaft and put it on the noise would go away . It's called plus or minus. Your shaft must be on the plus size :dead: beat the dead horse .

Last edited:
Yea pinning it like that would work, hard part is the male spline is part of the crank so you cant just "pull it all apart".
My idea modify's the extension female spline piece only.

One day I'll get to it, but seeing as I'll be hitting the trails on Wednesday for the first time this winter, I'm not too enthusiastic to get to it right now. The rattle won't bother me for the 2 days of riding a year :(

Does anyone have the pictures for this? All I see in place of the pictures is a box with an X through it.

I got those with my comfort kit from schmidt brothers. They do work . I am sure there is some noise left but with the helmet on i can't hear it

Drove the 600ace today, wow what a smood and queiet engine, not any popping in exsaust and rattling clutch.
Yamaha need an engine in that segment, and not the phazer, its to loud.

Hi , I'm a newbie to the 4stroke . Have a 06 nytro er , clutch very noisy . Would like to do the anti rattle fix but the pics won't open up on the post . Instructions are pretty much fool proof but Picts back up the words . Great post .

Sorry guys, but Imageshack deleted my account with their big changeover this spring (we won't get into it).
I'll try to go back and update it sometime this fall when I start to think about snowmobiling again.

This fall I need to machine my sheaves and will have the clutch all apart so hopefully I can post up the new mod I plan.

Back