• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Filter Part Number

06NytroGuy

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Nytro
I have a 2006 Nytro and I just changed the oil in it. I noticed that it appears that I ordered the wrong Yamaha oil change kit. This kit came with a 5GH-13440-61 oil filter when I was running a 5DM-13440-00 oil filter. Are these filters interchangeable? Will I do any damage running the 5GH-13440-61 filter? The 5GH-13440-61 filter is physically longer which I would assume would give me more surface area for the filter material which should be a good thing. The only thing I don't know is what the bypass pressure is or if there are other differences with this filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure with the older Nytro models but from 2008+, the concern was that the OEM belly protector had aluminum plates down the center where the lips/edges could potentially puncture the longer oil filter. I ran the Napa Gold 1365 oil filter my 08 Nytro which was longer than stock but I also removed these plates and sanded down lips/edges and then riveted them back onto the belly protector.

NytroAccessPanel.JPG

As long as it fits in that tight spot, it's fine to use it.

The Vectors and RS Nytro have very little clearance there for a longer filter.

I've been using the Hiflo HF147 for years now and no issues at all.

Napa Gold 7040 works fine on the three holers as well, been using them for years and easy to find.

I’ve been running the Fram PH6017A forever. It has no clearance issues. Fram has great efficiency rating. 95% at 20 microns

Back