• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil in charge tubes

69redmach!

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
Pulled my tubes before and after the intercooler, full of oil. I tune a lot of boosted Mustangs and this is not uncommon with PCV systems, even from the factory. Attached is a pic of the pool of water/oil in the hose. How much are you guys seeing?

Attachments

• 2017-01-17 11.52.25.jpg
    2017-01-17 11.52.25.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 176

How many miles on motor and are you running a tune?

How much oil, shot glass? You will always have some blow bye as you are aware. Flush them out and take them off in 500 miles and see how much there is?

I have seen this on my winder also.. And I do have concerns. Seems like my under panel(by exhaust) is very black after just 300 miles.. This oil getting sucked into cylinders?

I have seen this on my winder also.. And I do have concerns. Seems like my under panel(by exhaust) is very black after just 300 miles.. This oil getting sucked into cylinders?
Mine as well. Nothing really puddled up in intercooler but charge tube off turbo was oily. I have seen on my turbo cats if the pcv system gets froze up it sucks oil in when really cold. The sidewinder has a different system and overturn protection system that I wonder if it can freeze up also.

Back