• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil lite bushings

fxnytrose09

I cracked an a arm and am tryout to remove my oil lites to use in the new arm. Any tricks to remove them with killing them I already started a small gouge with a hammer and punch. Thanks for any ideas in advance

If your A arm is nfg I would use a hacksaw to cut the end off with your bushing inside then I would cut the end open length wise. Bushing would come out very easy after that.

Like the prior comments, your only chance is to tap it out where the entire surface of the bushing is supported (cut the a arm to get at each side). If you use a long punch to work your way around the edges of it, eventually you will tear into the brass and distort its shape. They are soft like butter. I did mine this summer and by the time I got them out, they were all mutilated and unuseable.
Good luck
MS

find a deep well socket that is just under the inside diameter of the a-arm pivot tube and use it to lightly tap-drive the bushing out. This will support the entire circumference of the bushing as you tap-drive it out which keeps it from getting wrecked.

Back