• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Omega's Garage

Thanks that will help a lot! I just need to start tearing it apart, that is the scary thing for me. I'm not scared about ripping it apart, I'm scared I will lose time to be able to put it back together!

Ha ha. Thanks. I know it's a big achievement, however what I didn't talk about is the countless design and CAD hours I put in before diving in to this one.
I took design ideas from all over on this. I like that Polaris braces the from mount, but you see so many Pros with bent tunnels. I felt that Cat / Doo had it figured out. That's were I used the rear pyramid from idea from.
The bottom tube was a carry over from tube chassis that others have done. I liked the lower tube, but could justify an entire tube chassis, so I just incorporated it in to the boards.

On similar note, I came to realize that all of these things added weight. But at the end of the day, we all ride Yamahas for the reliability. I wasn't going to sacrifice strength in some areas just for a bit lighter weight.

Feel free to take away anything you find helpful. I'd like to see projects like this go more open source. Information sharing is how I learned, and it's only fair to pass it on. If anyone wants some information or dimension, I have it readily available.

Well, I could one at idle. But an action video may have to wait until next year. We had some very mild weather (+18*C and wind) this week, and it destroyed all the snow.
I'm in no rush. No where near that talented to design and fab nearly from scratch. That's why I love seeing these builds gives me hope one day I'll be able to

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I know what you mean by making Projects in a household garage, but i would be happy with the size of your garage :)

20130908_152651_zps05717971.jpg

I love this build. Any update on how it rode or anything you have changed if you were building it again. I am going to put a nytro motor in a dragon chassis one of these days, and like seeing what other people have done. Thanks for sharing.

VERY NICE....haven't been here for a while, and stumbled across your build which is very impressive. Thanks for sharing it.

cheers

Back