• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Out riding!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Need to get more miles on this sucker.. damn is it fun to drive. I have added a few extras now, Arm protectors, front and back, EVO Air Filter Kit, windshield, rear cargo cage, 4 speaker system with Sub for some tunes... FYI, dont buy the Yamaha System if you are looking for a pounding sub.. the sub blows.., its just filler.

I am going to toss in a 5 point harness system for both seats, only because that stupid seat belt cuts into my neck.

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 236

If I lived closer I would volunteer to go along as your camera man.

I found when adding a full windshield that I had to add the rear as well. The dust and exhaust was horrible once the windshield created that suction back into the cab area. Instead of a poly-carb back window, I went with soft and it works great so far.

Harnesses are a great investment. I went with 4-point as I was still unsure if anything was needed. Once installed, you immediately feel more safe and in control. You spend less time trying to keep yourself in the seat and more time just enjoying the ride. Your back and neck will thank you.

My dad agrees, once he gets his butt strapped in, he is much more comfortable. I went with 3" wide with sewn in pads (ProArmor) but I think 2" would have worked just as well.

Good luck and post pics. GoPros are easy to mount!

I found when adding a full windshield that I had to add the rear as well. The dust and exhaust was horrible once the windshield created that suction back into the cab area. Instead of a poly-carb back window, I went with soft and it works great so far.

Harnesses are a great investment. I went with 4-point as I was still unsure if anything was needed. Once installed, you immediately feel more safe and in control. You spend less time trying to keep yourself in the seat and more time just enjoying the ride. Your back and neck will thank you.

My dad agrees, once he gets his butt strapped in, he is much more comfortable. I went with 3" wide with sewn in pads (ProArmor) but I think 2" would have worked just as well.

Good luck and post pics. GoPros are easy to mount!

Thanks for the feedback. You are so right on the windshield. Even when you blast thru a puddle, the spray is crazy on the back side.

A couple of other things to add to your list of mods:
Get a set of locking collars for the rear sway bar to keep it from shifting. They have a know problem of coming loose and bending/breaking the links.
Oil mod for the clutch, the center plates hardly get any oil to them causing the clutch to burn up.
While your'e in there add a 2nd spring plate to the clutch pack. I added 5JW-16334-00 which is used in street bikes and is a more heavy duty spring. It gives the pedal a better feel and adds more clamping force.

A couple of other things to add to your list of mods:
Get a set of locking collars for the rear sway bar to keep it from shifting. They have a know problem of coming loose and bending/breaking the links.
Oil mod for the clutch, the center plates hardly get any oil to them causing the clutch to burn up.
While your'e in there add a 2nd spring plate to the clutch pack. I added 5JW-16334-00 which is used in street bikes and is a more heavy duty spring. It gives the pedal a better feel and adds more clamping force.

Good to know.

I have thought about one but its crazy to drive now thru the woods. Could use a little more bottom end not top..LOL

Most people say the YXZ needed a low range. Most are surprised that it was not offered in the 2017. But Yamaha is sticking to their guns that this is a true Pure Sport SXS. Hell, I like low range on the Wildcat if only to mellow it out while loading on the trailer. She's a little twitchy from a dead stop. I just purchased a manual wiper blade to drill through my windshield and mount. I am debating installing it to wipe from the bottom or the top. It depends which way will cover more viewable area. I know it will help to be able to run a quick wipe while the spray is wet, rather than when dry. That and a splash from a water bottle may be the trick.

Now, I'm just debating on when I am going to put on the new shoes. They are just sitting in the corner of the garage waiting for me to blow out one of the stockers.

Last edited:
Most people say the YXZ needed a low range. Most are surprised that it was not offered in the 2017. But Yamaha is sticking to their guns that this is a true Pure Sport SXS. Hell, I like low range on the Wildcat if only to mellow it out while loading on the trailer. She's a little twitchy from a dead stop. I just purchased a manual wiper blade to drill through my windshield and mount. I am debating installing it top wipe from the bottom or the top. It depends which way will cover more viewable area. I know it will help to be able to run a quick wipe while the spray is wet, rather than when dry. That and a splash from a water bottle may be the trick.

Now, I'm just debating on when I am going to put on the new shoes. They are just sitting in the corner of the garage waiting for me to blow out one of the stockers.

I added the Alba Flywheel weight, that helps a ton in the low end grunt and drive-ability.

Back