• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Out riding!!

Well, since this is the "out riding" thread, I can share why I am NOT out riding. Last weekend I and a buddy dropped at a friends place to hook up with others for a trail ride. Come to find, it's a bachelor party and we end up running 8 machines for 80+ miles. Good times.

Until I was chasing a buddy in his RZR through 4ft grass in a ditch only to launch two approaches with little to no notice. The first one was fine, the second one just about endo'd the Wildcat. I was on the gas most of the way through it and landed hard snapping the axle, ripping the wheel off, bending the brake rotor and snapping the brake caliper.

So $250 in used/new parts later, I should have everything tomorrow to put it back together. Lesson learned in that ditch. I got some good use out of the winch getting out of the ditch and onto the trailer. At least I faired better than the General that rolled and the XP1K that rolled and trashed his roof mounted stereo.

Video to come....

1.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2528.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2530.JPG
IMG_2532.JPG

Yup, and as said in your first post, harnesses are not a bad decision. The security provided for ultra aggressive riding are gold. Let alone the comfort from all day riding. You don't have to worry about hanging on to support your body, just holding your head up. I watch my buddy next to me hardly ever grab the O-$#@% bars. Other than clearing road approaches.

I was tickled having a GoPro shooting out front and out back. It was a hoot seeing the others scrambling to catch up, or slowing down quickly when we came up on obstacles. I just need to spend some quality time on my editing computer now to put it all together. As I really want to tie those clips together a bit. We had a couple play areas in the woods where gravel pits once existing. I have some good footage shot at higher frame rates that I hope to slow down.

I was shooting 1080/60fps, but the new GoPro will shoot 120fps. I need to play with that a bit more and get the good stuff. Of course when all the carnage happened, I had three full cameras with multiple dead batteries. Getting passed in the ditch by your rear wheel would have been gold.

3.JPG

Well, first axle swap complete. One axle, control rod, rotor and caliper. I lost a little brake fluid, so I suppose I need to bleed the brakes now. I should be able to finally roll it off the trailer and pressure wash it.

Back on the trail Friday hopefully!! WOO WOO!!

IMG_2565.JPG
IMG_2566.JPG
IMG_2567.JPG
IMG_2568.JPG
IMG_2569.JPG

Biff, are you running Zilla's on your rig? They look real similar decor that yours are bald. Just curious as I am running them on my Maverick, and am wondering how well they wear over time.

So you put in a new flywheel?
Was it worth it?
Did it help give it some low end grunt?

Last edited:
So you put in a new flywheel?
Was it worth it?
Did it help give it some low end grunt?

I think it was worth it just so my girlfriend don't snub it off as easy in first gear take offs. It puts more power to the trail in the corners and quiets the trans down some.

I think it was worth it just so my girlfriend don't snub it off as easy in first gear take offs. It puts more power to the trail in the corners and quiets the trans down some.
Did you notice any loss in top end?

Biff, are you running Zilla's on your rig? They look real similar decor that yours are bald. Just curious as I am running them on my Maverick, and am wondering how well they wear over time.

Those would be considered bald for Zillas for sure. That was too damn funny. Nah, they are the factory stock Duro Kaeden tires from AC. I have a new set of 29" Maxxis Bighorns waiting to go on. We used the Wildcat at the lake all summer, so it saw a lot of tar roads cruising around the neighborhood and into town. So I said I was going to burn these till they blew, or the snow flies. Whichever comes first. The others will sit in a pile in my garage dreaming of mudholes and snow filled ditches.

13731619_10153619210235009_8270582666714817787_n.jpg

So, after bleeding my brakes and getting some test runs in, the Wildcat was ready for another run in the woods.

My niece was up from 95 degree Texas, so we thought we would take her out for a trail ride last Friday. It snowed and sleeted on us all day long, hovering around the freezing temp! What a great day in the woods! My dad took her along, and I got to have a retro ride on our 1984 Yamaha Moto-4 that I restored a couple years ago.

Sorry for all the fogging and sleet on the lenses.

Good times, enjoy!

Back