• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Painting center section of hood

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Has anyone painted the center section of the hood by chance? I was thinking of doing gloss black to match the rest of the hood as I don't like the dull black plastic as it is now. FYI - I am blacking mine out.

Attachments

• Hood.jpg
    Hood.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 182

Just get a piece of gloss black vinyl and wrap it. Then you can always peel it off if you ever change your mind.
I used black carbon fiber vinyl, but you get the idea.
20170311_164840.jpg

That might be an idea. Where did you get the vinyl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get a piece of gloss black vinyl and wrap it. Then you can always peel it off if you ever change your mind.
View attachment 128600
Should of removed the sticker!

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

Ebay for cheap, all kinds

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

You're right about sticker, but if I ever sell the sled and the next guy wants it stock the sticker will be there for him.

I got vinyl off of eBay.

Many yrs ago I had painted panels.....and ever since then vinyl has become my go to product for plastic panels...easily removable, less likely to scratch, and many colors / sheens. I likely will end up wrapping the areas around the knees, since the 50th is white around this area and will be tough to keep clean.

Many guys who have wraps already made for the new plastics, may consider selling you just that one piece. I talked with Esticky about this and he sold me just the pieces I wanted, and they are all precut which makes it even easier.

View attachment 128600
Great idea. I was going to hydro dip, but vinyl would be less permanent.

I like the wrap idea. Looked up Esticky but their website seems to have issues. Know of anywhere else selling wraps for the winder?

QUOTE="snowdust, post: 1371034, member: 497"]I like the wrap idea. Looked up Esticky but their website seems to have issues. Know of anywhere else selling wraps for the winder?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much any vinyl or decal shop should be able to take care of your needs

Yeah. It's odd I can't find any wraps for the winder though. You'd think there would be a decent market for them. Oh-Well... I'm going to try to wrap it myself. Thanks for the replies!

Since the plastics are new(17) still, you might start seeing the wrap outfits soon I would think. Especially since the SW is rather popular, and the wrap will be very similar to the cat chassis with some slight differences.

Last edited:
Yeah. Just seems odd as it can't be that hard to lay one out. :)

Yeah. Just seems odd as it can't be that hard to lay one out. :)

There is actually quite abit of time/work goes into these wraps initially...but once the plastics layout is into the computer, its all set for any color or pattern to be made. With the procross, MUCH of the new pattern layout is unchanged...its just the new plastics up front that are slightly diff from the 16/older models. Where as the tunnel and side of fuel tank should all be same patterns.

I would think arcticFX being one of the bigger outfitters, would have theirs out? I have not looked at wraps as Im not a fan of most of them really. I worked with Phil at esticky on my 12 cat as it was ugly from the factory, and he made just the pieces I wanted the way I wanted them.

That center section of the SW is a simple section really....so just buy some vinyl and do yourself would not be hard. I like the idea of that and the knee area for the white panels in 18 will be a bugger to keep clean without a smooth easy wipe-able vinyl applied.

If you contact Arctic fx they have sidewinder wraps ready to go I'm waiting for the Black Friday sale and by then they told me they would all be up on their site

Back