• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer idle speed?

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
I just traded my RX for a 07 Phazer and my service manuals have not come in yet. What is the idle speed supposed to be on these? Is there and adjustment beside the throttle stop? My idle is @2600 rpm and I think it is contributing to it not going into reverse smoothly.

Did you let it warm up? The rpms drop after running for five or ten minutes. I assume the sled will drop into reverse easier then. I've only run my sled once since I bought it a few weeks ago and this is what happened.

It should idle around 1800. I find reverse will only engage when you are down around 2200 or so. It takes a solid 5 minutes to idle down, maybe longer. Sometimes you gotta haul up on the rear grab bar to get it to engage. Go Yamaha! ;)!

The adjustment screw is on the left side of the sled when sitting on it down up by the A-arms. Remove the rubber cap and you should be able to get to it with a screw driver from there. I keep my idle arouns 1750. I can engage the reverse by rocking the sled back and forth.

Just make sure you let it warm up lots before you drop down the speed. dropped it when it wasn't warm enough and it would keep stalling. Took me a while before i realised what the problem was.

your right stain. i'd agree with everyone here that idle is about 1800 & takes a while to idle down. it does also go into reverse better once below 2000 rpms. sometime with a little rocking as well.

If after adjusting idle to 1700 RPM For the reverse problem get belt number 8GK-17641-10 and shim number 90201-345G2

Ruckus said:
It should idle around 1800. I find reverse will only engage when you are down around 2200 or so. It takes a solid 5 minutes to idle down, maybe longer. Sometimes you gotta haul up on the rear grab bar to get it to engage. Go Yamaha! ;)!

Funny that they put the reverse lever back there eh! Couldn't help it. ;)!

Back