• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer misfire and code 34 code 33

Making any headway there Curtis??
Appoligies on not updating. Took Ill over the weekend and just getting back into the swing of things.
I tried the fresh fuel route but that didn't change anything. I did however physically unplug could 2 while running and it would remain idle ing no problem at around 1200 rough rpm. Whereas plugged in I had to use throttle to keep running. Unplugged coil 1 with instant code 33.

Moose, your correct on the ecu. My dealer phoned me back and found out it won't run correct with the older -00 ecu. He's shipping me a newer test one to confirm my suspicions of a broken wire from ecu to coil. (Large plug)
I am getting battery voltage to the wire but the control side is inconsistent with varrying results when testing.
Pretty sure it's a harness.
Will update once parts are in to further test.

Hopefully that will eliminate the ECU. If that doesn't solve it, then it's obviously a wiring issue. If it's under warranty, then they will likely replace the wiring harness. If not, then I would just do a ghetto fix it by running a new wire from the ECU to the coil. To confirm this, you would need either an oscilloscope or noid lights to see the 12V signal to the coils. A noid light is basically a 12V LED.

I'm hoping so too Moose!! Thankfully my dealer has been very helpful with call backs and shipping me the parts needed to test, service manual and follow up. It's just abit more time consuming having to wait for shipping but it beats the 10 day wait locally to even have things approved. Then wait the 3-5days to get parts in. I'm sure if I took the local route she'd be done already.
I have a light tester but an older one, non led. I don't think it would be the best for testing a quick signal like I'm sure the coil would accept during running conditions. (Don't think it would blink quick enough?!?)
Should be in the mail today hopefully!! Tinker on the weekend. Get her fixed, washed up and summarized.

That just sucks though to fix it up to put away though. You are lucky to have a good dealer. They are rare.

That just sucks though to fix it up to put away though. You are lucky to have a good dealer. They are rare.
That's so very true!! I have many great relationships with all my vendors for my business. Subcontractor's. Powerstroke parts at Ford dealer. Tranny and diff builds one shop. Buy my oil at a specific place. I could go on. I never veir it from any of them and have absolutely fantastic relationships with them all. Can stop in any of them and they know my name, ask about my kids. Heck I even out of the blue hit the dognut store and buy a bunch of coffees with boxes of dognuts and just stop in and say hi!! Sure wish Yamaha would indicate to their big box store dealers the loyalty that we bring to the table. I'm extremely brand loyal. Maybe too much :dunno:Ford trucks, Yamaha toys, Yamaha audio ect ect. :whore:

Back to the sled, ma n pa dealer sent me a newer ecu to test with. Plugged in and still running with a miss. NO CODE, however for the first few mins of running. Then it came back.
I spent serious some time going through the 1318 page service manual and will be testing/ohming as per the manual. I found a test using diag mode and warmer switches to check coils:oops::oops:
Few other things I'd like to confirm before taking the next step. If it ends up being the harness I may take the 12 hr round trip to dealer to repair:eek: unless I trust myself to follow the step by step instructions in the service manual. Going through that step by step I noticed my harness is NOT routed as per the manual. It goes up and around the upper frame leaving virtually no room and very tight against sharp parts of upper frame by steering stem mount. Sure enough the coil wiring is in that run.
Learning a lot more than planned this winter, not that's a bad thing ;)!;)!

Since the manual that's available online is for 2007, the routing may have changed by 2014 but the schematic may still be valid for the most part except for those sensors and stuff that didn't exist in 2007.

Hello everyone......long busy summer work season for me BUT finally got the sled looked at and FIXED!!!

Long story short, I was going in circles. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt.
Huge thanks to a good friend of mine he found the issue.
2 tester ECU's, ohmed all wiring, coils, plug changes all with erratic test results.
Wiring is NOT my stong suit :bash:

ECU CONNECTOR PIN

He also found the coil pins a little loose and thought he had fixed until fire up the next day. Then code 34, cyl 1 acting up. Which took him to investigate further.
I did all this minus the pins (didn't know the little orange cap comes off to insptect pins.)
Not fully tested yet, but under the cap you can clearley see the plug ins were ovaled, for a lack of better words.

Further repair will be for me to ZIP the harness more sequrely to the ecu area.

Sled runs perfect on all 3 ECU's, no codes. One of which i posted early would NOT run on an 07 ECU.

Special thanks to SRXTWINS. He helped me out. Been bugging me all summer. Just waiting on some snow now!!

Thanks for letting us know how this got resolved. Reading these threads is a great way to learn and when the 'final answer' is provided they are even better. Thanks.

Hello everyone......long busy summer work season for me BUT finally got the sled looked at and FIXED!!!

Long story short, I was going in circles. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt.
Huge thanks to a good friend of mine he found the issue.
2 tester ECU's, ohmed all wiring, coils, plug changes all with erratic test results.
Wiring is NOT my stong suit :bash:

ECU CONNECTOR PIN

He also found the coil pins a little loose and thought he had fixed until fire up the next day. Then code 34, cyl 1 acting up. Which took him to investigate further.
I did all this minus the pins (didn't know the little orange cap comes off to insptect pins.)
Not fully tested yet, but under the cap you can clearley see the plug ins were ovaled, for a lack of better words.

Further repair will be for me to ZIP the harness more sequrely to the ecu area.

Sled runs perfect on all 3 ECU's, no codes. One of which i posted early would NOT run on an 07 ECU.
;)!;)!;)! LaLaLa ;)!;)!;)!

Atv Pro do you know which pin it was? As you know I had same issue with mine. Don't want it to happen again 100mi into a ride.
image.jpeg

I couldn't visually see any corrosion or defective pins so I just contact cleaned the pins and dielectric greased just the connector boot. Added 2 zip ties. Wish there was a metal plate under the ecu wiring. Plastic bends in deep heavy snow for sure. Will work on that. Any other suggestions?
image.jpeg

Back