• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer misfire and code 34 code 33

:brrr:I didn't pull sled into shop today to snap a pic for ya. -30 last couple days here. I will by tomorrow.

Cannon I'm sorry for not updating.
Here are the pin connections and solder fix for my problem I had.
I've only been out twice to test but she's running strong!!!
And to boot we've had record snowfall here in MB

Attachments

• IMG_8360.JPG
    IMG_8360.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_8361.JPG
    IMG_8361.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 230
I should add. I zip tied and just snugged up the harness as well in that area. Instead of harness moving separate from sled it moves with sled now if that makes sense. No jiggling to prevent connections or wires to break.

Attachments

• IMG_8364.JPG
    IMG_8364.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 243
:o|:o|Well, two more times it's crept up on me.

First couple days ago ever so slight misfire I could feel on decel. Till it got stumble. No codes.
Found problem, pin dropped down in ecu plug. Fixed, tested and was ok.
Then yesterday again. Headed out with a PAC. Total misfire with code 34 again.
Tore town right to plugs and everything ohms out great. Has to be break in sub harness somewhere. I'm ordering new one.
(I have two test ecu' and coil to confirm everything)

Best snow in years and only 150kms on dial

Shot of ecu pin as I found it with first problem.

And to add, it would run rough and clear out over 6000rpm(ish) as many of you stated in some threads. Decal and it would creep back.
High frequency vibrations

Attachments

• IMG_8369.JPG
    IMG_8369.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 220
What years and models do you think should be looked at for this issue Curt?

Hey Kurt. I would probably have to say no set year. I look back on posts and it's a few different years. Dealing with warranty now for it. Looks like sub harness I hope. I'm at 10 mins and I'm down to plugs. Getting good at this . Missing some good riding but I'd like to say this is a very rare problem I'm sure. Hopefully Yami take care of me.

Harness finally in. Consensus is harness.
Rechecked everything top to bottom, test rode thinking fixed again and problem creeped up.
It would runs great then ever so slightly creep up on decel. You can kinda feel it, not hear it if that makes sense. Couple more accels, and progressively gets worse where eventually it runs rough and you have to hold gas to keep running. NOTE: I only saw code 34 pop up for a split second then went away. By time limped home it was a full blown code.

Harness showed up yesterday, goes in today.

(Was back ordered hence the long delay)

Harness finally in. Consensus is harness.
Rechecked everything top to bottom, test rode thinking fixed again and problem creeped up.
It would runs great then ever so slightly creep up on decel. You can kinda feel it, not hear it if that makes sense. Couple more accels, and progressively gets worse where eventually it runs rough and you have to hold gas to keep running. NOTE: I only saw code 34 pop up for a split second then went away. By time limped home it was a full blown code.

Harness showed up yesterday, goes in today.

(Was back ordered hence the long delay)
How much for harness? Sounds just like mine. Doesn't do it till well into a long ride. Tried Ecu connections this time but have feeling it's not solution. Harness is next for sure. Thanks

Well mine made 300 or so mi last weekend with no issues so hoping the ECU connection Zip Tie,cleaning and prodding ATV Pro came up with has fixed issue. Hope so or I will get a harness too. My daughter and I thank you for a absolutely trouble free ride AtvPro.
47309977-A455-40B8-A5E5-9340BE8C2E8B.jpg

Well mine made 300 or so mi last weekend with no issues so hoping the ECU connection Zip Tie,cleaning and prodding ATV Pro came up with has fixed issue. Hope so or I will get a harness too. My daughter and I thank you for a absolutely trouble free ride AtvPro.
View attachment 126633

Been awhile since I’ve been on. Life got busy.

Just to update this code 34

Yamaha sent the entire wiring harness after problem crept up again. Was installed and hasn’t been a problem since. Currently at 12,000kms and she’s running strong. I never did find out where the break in wire was unfortunately. I’ll tell ya what a process trouble shooting this issue. My main sign should have been the different results for every time I had ohmed pins at Ecu.
Anyways I’ll make a habit of getting back onto site much more often. Lots done to her now.

Been awhile since I’ve been on. Life got busy.

Just to update this code 34

Yamaha sent the entire wiring harness after problem crept up again. Was installed and hasn’t been a problem since. Currently at 12,000kms and she’s running strong. I never did find out where the break in wire was unfortunately. I’ll tell ya what a process trouble shooting this issue. My main sign should have been the different results for every time I had ohmed pins at Ecu.
Anyways I’ll make a habit of getting back onto site much more often. Lots done to her now.
Good to hear from you. I believe mine turned out to be the coil. Havent had a issue since replacing.

Back