• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Stumble

LEE337

VIP Member
I have been getting the Phazer ready for the season and it has developed a very large stumble between 6000 and 8000 RPMS.

I have done the typical things such as drain the fuel and replaced with fresh. Also checked plugs and added some seafoam. None of which seemed to help at all.

I searched the forum but did not find much.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2009 rtx 6500 miles all stock just longer track.

I am having a similar issue, mine appears to be at a specific throttle position. I can always gas it and it will smooth out, but if I try to hold steady throttle position(20%) it will get to missing and such. I am looking now to see cost of a new TPS, and the possibility of cleaning it.

You're right it seems similar. When you talk in terms of throttle percentage it does seem like that 20-30% maybe even up to 50% at times there is a big stumbling.

Well the phazer is fixed.

Here is what I did:
Checked TPS in diagnostic mode (good)
Removed the tank
Emptied all the fuel
Found another clamp off the exhaust (second time)
Check resistance in the coils (good)
Changed plugs
Cleaned and greased many electrical connections (ECU connections included)
Fresh fuel

Stumbled some at first but then quickly came out of it.
Not real sure root cause but at least it is good now.

Here is what I did:
Removed the tank
Emptied all the fuel
Changed plugs
Fresh fuel

After changing plugs on mine, it seemed to be better, however with more riding it has seemed to come back. The stumble I have is in such a specific range I am leanin towards a tps. As soon as I change throttle position the sled clears right up and goes.

I did the diagnostic and it looked like possibly it would jump around from say 22,23,22 on a slow increase, and then say 25,26,25 on a slow decrease. I put some grease on the terms and we will see what happens. On another note, I haven't had to change the filter yet, once the airbox is removed will the oil filter come out the top?

My phazer had a stumble at 5-6000 rpms. It was related to a poor connection on cyl #1 air pressure sensor. An open or short on a air pressure sensor is code 13 cyl #1 and code 25 cyl#2.

Here is what I did:
Removed the tank
Emptied all the fuel
Changed plugs
Fresh fuel

I did same thing and issue seemed to creep back through out the riding season last year. To the point of only running on 1cyl. Ran in circles with that stumble thinking same thing that I had her found and fixed. Keep us posted

Yes. Usually. Sometimes it'll only blink yellow light and code pop up for a split second then clear itself. If it was there it'll be in memory. You can check that.

Back