• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picking up new mtx today!

Hey guys , FINALLY my dealer called last night sled should be in and ready today. Pumped would be an understatement right now ! Any suggestions for break in on these? My nytro when I picked up new in 08 just let it warm up good drove it about 3 kms easy then after that drove it pretty well the way I'm going to anyway and 13,000 kms of hard riding later she still runs like a champ ! I know the motors on the winders are tight so run em hard or what do you guys think? I was also thinkin maybe I should run some octane boost in each tank just to keep the numbers uo in case of bad batch of fuel or anything ? In insight would be great guys thanks !!

Drive it like you stole it! Best way to seat the rings.

Drive it like you stole it! Best way to seat the rings.

so you are saying a gentle break-in then? brother teased a rep at a demo ride when he was told to drive it like he stole it that that meant gentler than if he owned it. he then wheelies a rs venture out of the stop one up and they swore you could not do it.

just run it how you normaly would with no sustained periods at one throttle position and it should be fine.

Back