• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot 6.9 ski's installed

I just ordered a pair from Leaders off eBay today!! I hope they're as good as everyone says they are because these Tuners suck!! Thanks Dan for all the instructions and pictures on the install even a clown like myself should be able to do the install with those!! This site rocks with all the knowledge from everyone even though it sure is an expensive site to go on!!! Sure am glad that guys like Dan are willing to share their knowledge on all of the different setups!!

Last edited:

Snow city cycle toronto 199.99 cdn for the pair red loops plus tax. Tough to beat that for 5.7s!

fyi snow city , no 6.9's at decent prices...

DAN what did you do to if I was to use the regular cat ski rubbers from a 16 procross, about the same cutting?

When riding side of road snowbanks to grab snow for cooling in low snow conditions like this year, I like the outer edge carbide on the pilots as it helps prevent plastic wear on the outer edge of the skiis.

Snow city cycle toronto 199.99 cdn for the pair red loops plus tax. Tough to beat that for 5.7s!
219.95 usd from leader on eBay for 6.9 pilots 24 for ski loops

219.95 usd from leader on eBay for 6.9 pilots 24 for ski loops

So that's 360 cdn for 6.9s. Quite a bit more than 5.7s. I guess if you go off trail it may be worth it. Great prices either way.

Bennett Power Sports in Whitby. Just bought the 6.9 Pilots $134.99 ea. and handles $34.99 ea.

If you guys can find them the old handles from the single keel Yamaha skis fit 6.9's. Such as Nytro,Apex and Phazer had before Tuners.

Going to put my '16 MTX skis on my Attak and get 6.9s for the Winder. Do they come in white?
Make sure you go to the what kind of skis are you running thread and vote and tell yamaha about the tuners!!

question..does anyone consider themselves an extreme trail rider and if so how are they working?

question..does anyone consider themselves an extreme trail rider and if so how are they working?

I would consider myself that... and i LOVE them! my sled just rails in the corners. they are predictable and i can dive into the corners with confidence. When i first put them on, i thought HOLY these are HUGE!! but i gotta say, they work great!

I would consider myself that... and i LOVE them! my sled just rails in the corners. they are predictable and i can dive into the corners with confidence. When i first put them on, i thought HOLY these are HUGE!! but i gotta say, they work great!
What carbides are you running, PowderFalcon?

Back