• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot ski install on Nytro

The Yamaha ski loops are wider at the mounting points so a little bit of triming and grinding is required.

DSC04201.jpg

I've had some trail time on the new pilot skis and revalved shocks. The trail conditions have been mostly hard pack and icy but I've found a few I'd consider good for testing my setup. My first time out I was total disappointed but after a few adjustments, several miles and a few more adjustments I'm beginning to like what I have. The revalved fox floats and rear shocks didn't make as much of a difference as I was hoping for but the Pilots definitely made it corner much better which is what I was looking for. I was running OEM skis with stud boy deuce bars which eliminated the darting but didn't rail the corners like I wanted. I now can rail the corners with almost no inside ski lift and effortless steering. I'm having a hard time determining if the shocks added to the improved handling because I did both installs at the same time. I was hoping to get a little plusher ride out of the revalving but if it only contributed to the handle improvement I'll take it.

I had my rear shocks done by pioneer and Im not that impressed either, more bottoming resistance on the big holes but not very plush on the stutters.

Back