• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pintle hitch

rockhound

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture MP
Has any put a pintle hitch on their MP?

I'm thinking of trying one as I don't like using a single pin type hitch in cold weather.

Do you have a link to the one you want to use? It would depend on how it mounts.

Do you have a link to the one you want to use? It would depend on how it mounts.
Found one from Yamaha that is made for the MP, they call it a tow hook. It works on the same principles as a pintle hitch. Same bolt pattern as the tag tow so it should be a simple conversion.
IMG_2875.jpg
Thanks guys for your replies

RH

Cool! Do you have a part number? Lord knows I tow a lot of Doos :D

Cool! Do you have a part number? Lord knows I tow a lot of Doos :D

I knew I saw one a while back, its listed on the VKPro accessories page part # 86D-77591-00-00. It even looks as though it has the same bolt pattern as our hitches so you could swap rather easily! Bring on the broken doos!

I knew I saw one a while back, its listed on the VKPro accessories page part # 86D-77591-00-00. It even looks as though it has the same bolt pattern as our hitches so you could swap rather easily! Bring on the broken doos!
86D-77591-00-00 That is the number on Yamaha Canada's site under the RS venture as well. So yes it should be a case of changing 4 bolt. Bring on the Doo's:yam:

Here it is installed. Takes less than 5 minutes to replace.

Works awesome and it takes seconds to hook up and unhook.

RH

Attachments

• 2015-01-27 16.21.01.jpg
    2015-01-27 16.21.01.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 206

Back