• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Place your bets:

lakercr

Tech Advisor
I'm going out this afternoon to get my #*$&@ handed to me. Bone stock LTX LE with just suspension dialed in vs. 2011 Apex XTX MCX 290 with a cobra track. Apex is geared 26/37, and neither sled is studded (yet).

We'll be on good hard pack, and temp will be about 0C (that's 32 freedom degrees). My goal is to be within 15 MPH (GPS) on the big end. This sled will be my tuning benchmark as I start to make changes.

What say you?

I'd guess your sled should run about 115 GPS if the hardpack is good. You may be within 15mph....but i can't imagine riding any sled unstudded...let alone an apex with a 290 kit lol

Good luck. Keep us updated. I,m not sure I would be trying high speed runs without any studs, even on hard packed snow.

He has got some tall gears, but 15 is alot, so I think your goal is reasonable. He still has to hold on to that unstudded monster !!

I'm going out this afternoon to get my #*$&@ handed to me. Bone stock LTX LE with just suspension dialed in vs. 2011 Apex XTX MCX 290 with a cobra track. Apex is geared 26/37, and neither sled is studded (yet).

We'll be on good hard pack, and temp will be about 0C (that's 32 freedom degrees). My goal is to be within 15 MPH (GPS) on the big end. This sled will be my tuning benchmark as I start to make changes.

What say you?

Jim, where pray tell is this event happening :) Doing some clutching and want to run against a stocker.

Last edited:
Floodway.

I'm back. Anyone ever seen a bull mount a cow...? I'm the cow.

Not very good conditions for running top end; I could have made a snowman with the stuff we were riding on. Best MPH for me was 108, Apex was 129. I could only pull 8500 rpm, and the front end is still carrying too much weight. Regardless, I'm about $2k slower right now, and even then I'd just be able to give him a race.

I'd say the sleds are probably 20 MPH apart once mine is running as well as it can stock.

Floodway.

Not very good conditions for running top end; I could have made a snowman with the stuff we were riding on. Best MPH for me was 108, Apex was 129. I could only pull 8500 rpm, and the front end is still carrying too much weight. Regardless, I'm about $2k slower right now, and even then I'd just be able to give him a race.

I'd say the sleds are probably 20 MPH apart once mine is running as well as it can stock.

I have some good spots just west of the city, smoooth and fast. Just west of Starbuck.

Floodway.

I know the feeling.....

Floodway.

Thats a pile of HP difference between the 2... my well tuned Viper Turbo will beat a stock Sidewinder. You actually thought it would run with a 290 Turbo..LOL

Back