• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Post your Clutching setup

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
What's everyone running.
Has anyone put a clutch kit on there sidewinder without getting the flash and pipe ?
What about tunes ?
If so , what did you do? And how did it work

Example: stock motor- aftermarket weights - stock springs.

Last edited:

Hi joe
My final setup this year.... Oem weight are to heavy at the tip,combine whit the 35degree cam make to much tension on the belt and rpm are to low in some condition..... my opinion!
I have grind the inside TIP weird notched -2,5gr on the oem weight
41-37 cam set at 6o-70 torsion. (My Gforce cam is set at 65)
Secondary machined for coil bind and better roller(TD website)
OEM secondary spring
OEm primary spring in the #$%&*GARBAGE...... replaced whit yellow -white-yellow.
ultimax XS825 belt, the best one after many many test.... that's it!
Post you clutch setup would be nice to have here!!!! As the viper section.;-)
I am starting over next year whit probably TD tune :sled1::sled2:

Last edited:
Hi joe
My final setup this year.... Oem weight are to heavy at the tip,combine whit the 35degree cam make to much tension on the belt and rpm are to low in some condition..... my opinion!
OEM secondary spring
OEm primary spring in the #$%&*GARBAGE...... replaced whit yellow -white-yellow.
I am going to make some changes for sure. I bought suspension instead of a tune ( for now).

how important is the clutch machining on a stock sled worth the money? I may have a problem getting machine work.

Machining spring pocket on the secondary will definitely help. Is it absolutely needed? NO

Any machine shop can do it, realy simple.... machining the drive clutch sheave angle is another story!

Hi joe
OEM secondary spring
The springs your using are Yamaha springs? Both are yellow white yellow? What is the difference between these and the stock ones?

take the stock primary and throw it in the scrap bin it's horrible..has coil bind and too high engagement and vibrates like crazy and chews out the cover..few have posted the spring breaking as well..glide washers from thunder products seem to be the ticket for any primary spring...can try other spring from yamaha with a close finish rate..secondary can sand down helix ramps so all 3 rollers touch...stock helix is junk as well seems yamaha can't get measurements straight to make it fit properly

Yes Yamaha spring still original in the drive-in, and yamaha yellow-white-yellow in front. Shorter and stronger, the orinal one is to long and to weak everywhere...... keep in mind that this setup is good on fuel millage to, i need that on the type of ride i did here :)

take the stock primary and throw it in the scrap bin it's horrible..has coil bind and too high engagement and vibrates like crazy and chews out the cover..few have posted the spring breaking as well..glide washers from thunder products seem to be the ticket for any primary spring...can try other spring from yamaha with a close finish rate..secondary can sand down helix ramps so all 3 rollers touch...stock helix is junk as well seems yamaha can't get measurements straight to make it fit properly
Wow,my engagement stock was 2800 rpms,how is that to high,and to say the complete primary clutch is junk,come on,everdently you have never run a cat primary,or doo,s old clutch,heck,even poos primary is not as good as Yamaha,IMO and I drove poos for 25 years,and now yamahas sense 03,never had any primary or secondary problems,and even now still don't.

Wow,my engagement stock was 2800 rpms,how is that to high,and to say the complete primary clutch is junk,come on,everdently you have never run a cat primary,or doo,s old clutch,heck,even poos primary is not as good as Yamaha,IMO and I drove poos for 25 years,and now yamahas sense 03,never had any primary or secondary problems,and even now still don't.
He was refuring to the primary spring being garbage.

I've seen a broken spring on the trail and every stock winder I've looked at shows some signs of coil binding.

He was refuring to the primary spring being garbage.

I've seen a broken spring on the trail and every stock winder I've looked at shows some signs of coil binding.
OK that makes more sense,my sons sled is a stock,no broke spring,no coil binding and it run 122-125 speedo on very hard snow,i guess he got a good one,so he is leaving it along lol.

OK that makes more sense,my sons sled is a stock,no broke spring,no coil binding and it run 122-125 speedo on very hard snow,i guess he got a good one,so he is leaving it along lol.
Leave it alone if it's not blowing belts for sure. I've loved my sled. Also I've seen 120 plus. Blown belts though.

Last edited:

I meant the stock primary spring my bad..and to say they don't have any clutching problems on these new sleds I'd have to say your wrong...primary has spring issues and coil bind..secondary I won't even get started from coil bind to bad rollers to badly machined helixes to wrong offsets..let's not forget the endless pages of blowing belts..

I meant the stock primary spring my bad..and to say they don't have any clutching problems on these new sleds I'd have to say your wrong...primary has spring issues and coil bind..secondary I won't even get started from coil bind to bad rollers to badly machined helixes to wrong offsets..let's not forget the endless pages of blowing belts..
Ooo your right.
It is a scenario where people have those sleds and not blown a belt or any clutch issues. I've seen both scenarios.

That's why I'm shooting for new clutches. Try again basically.

Has anyone seen the tp big venom sidewinder clutch kits yet?

Has anyone seen the tp big venom sidewinder clutch kits yet?
I have one and running it on tar with very good results you can move weight around to hit your rpms right where I need it and good to 300hp I'm told I'll test that theory out soon!

Back