• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary clutch spring damage.

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
Does anyone have any help. What would cause the spring to wear like this? It looks like it's rubbing the outside of the clutch.

Attachments

• IMG_5159.JPG
    IMG_5159.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 463

Does anyone have any help. What would cause the spring to wear like this? It looks like it's rubbing the outside of the clutch.
It's a bad spring mine did same thing. You likely are under rpm wot. It is covered under warranty. Spring is binding get it too dealer

I also have this issue, just noticed it. Looks a lot worse on mine. I'll be getting it to the dealer but hopefully it lasts one more ride (if there even is one more ride). 1100 miles on my sled with zero issues besides this besides low top end.

Actually after reading the other thread and checking out Ulmer's site, his stage 2 clutch kit claims to fix this issue as well as the secondary bind and includes a new helix. I'll probably be going that way instead of having my dealer mess with my machine and put another crappy spring in there.

Shorter spring AND glide washers. Which are washers from thunder products with a coating on them. One goes on each end of spring when reinstalling primary cover. Used them for years on cats. Guys also would machine the pocket sides out a smidge. Saw this exact thing on cat clutches OFTEN

Hearing the Team clutching is very good this year. NOT so much last year.. Not sure about speeds and such..
I raced my buddy many times both stock sleds, Cat 9000 turbo, and mine Sidewinder, rolling starts I'd take him then he'd catch me then I'd take him again and both finished neck and neck, pretty much a photo finish. He's studded I'm not.

I raced my buddy many times both stock sleds, Cat 9000 turbo, and mine Sidewinder, rolling starts I'd take him then he'd catch me then I'd take him again and both finished neck and neck, pretty much a photo finish. He's studded I'm not.
I will always be part Cat guy. So I like to hear this. I have heard the same. Not a bad thing for Yamaha as they are selling engines. Thinking I will stay with Yamaha for a bit. As I have learned the Yami clutching side

Guys I noticed my primary spring is doing the same thing and showing scraping on the side of spring and much more and I'd say the integrity of the spring would be compromised. Kinda wished Yamaha would have kept the old clutch design on the Winders.

mine broke last weekend too. 750 miles bone stock

Back