• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro Rmk front on Nytro...

Sportsterdanne

TY 4 Stroke Guru
What do you think of this idea ? :jump:

Not a modified subframe that was the original plan but i think it could be nice.
Now i have some measurements to figure out.

there is Nypex and Propex this must be a Protro ;)!

P1140264.jpg

P1140261.jpg

P1140262.jpg

P1140264.jpg

I love the idea, if I built another Tobe I would use the pro front frame for sure. It's the same geometry but way easier to do and easier to fix when I hit a tree.

I like that you say "when i hit a tree" and not "if i hit a tree" :)

You have any input of what i should aim for when i mount the bulk, should i try to get the Nytro with Skinz distanse to the spindles or Pro Rmk from driveshaft to spindles ?
I dont even have a Nytro yet, but i had to get these parts as they came my way at a bargain.

I have a friend with CNC machine so im thinking of some billet adapters as the lower mounts.
And some kind of support around the engine mounts and the upper Nytro subframe mounts to the Pro shocktowers.
im thinking of using the same style of steering as the Pro.

The upper tubes will go into the steering hoop and some tubes will go down to the tunnel, Probably a REV gas tank with a conventional style tunnel.

im not sure of the width of the front suspension and track lenght..

I also have the A-arms but they are bent and im thinking of repairing them.
im missing the spindles so im searching a pair of those.
i also need shocks and steering rods.

lots of ideas but im in no hurry at the moment.

Today i cleaned the bulkhead and removed som more parts from the rest of the tunnel.

The key to hitting trees is to never let off, this way your sled takes the blow to the bottom not the front ;)!
http://youtu.be/xb_L_5i4E_U :jump:

The Polaris and the Skinz Nytro are very close. If I remember right the Skinz Nytro is like 1" longer than the Polaris. I'd go with the Skinz length from driveshaft to lower heim.

If you're going to do a rev tank and a flat top tunnel you might as well do a Ulmer Turbo too ;)!

Sounds like a cool project!

I love reading about other peoples projects so i will be posting lots of pics of this project.
But this thing wont be on snow in a near future. i have some connection in the insurance world so i think i will try to find a wrecked Nytro or maybe a Apex.....

A mid mount Turbo is in my plans but i may just start with NA and som kind of header with side or tunneldump.

this is another project that i built a cuple of years ago : Buell Custom its in in swedish but "byggbilder" is build pics.

Well didnt get much done today. I did some maintenance of my father in laws snowblower so it will be out of the garage tomorrow. I have a small garage so i need all the space i can get.
But i started on a little workbench so it will be easier to work on my project.
I mounted the pro clip back on its tunnel to get some base measurements.

Got some stock PRO RMK measurements.

2.jpg

At this position the clip is about 0.8" more forward than the PRO RMK when measured from the center of driveshaft.
I have to get a hold of a nytro to se the clearance of the lower part of the engine and the area around the clutch.

3.jpg

The Sdi tank has a nice opening o top so i think something can be worked out. Do anyone have the measurements of the nytro fuelpump

I bought a complete front suspension from an assault -10. "Shocks".a-arms.spindles. steering rods. I have fhe stock a-arms from the Pro but only one is not bent. And i was missing spindles. Upper ball joints. Steering rods. And all bushings, so my original plan was to buy all hat stuff and repair the a-arms. But the price on the assault fromt suspension actually made it both easier and cheaper. The shocks included is the Walker evans air. And one is busted so i got them more or less for free, they will work for mockup anyway.
Will be delivered in the middle of next week. Im holding my breath that he doesnt change his mind over the weekend.

Today we had our first real snow so my priority was to fix my snowblower but i did have time to remove some more parts from the Pro tunnel.

Continued to "make room" for this project by finishing up two other repairs.
the next step is to make my "workbench" better, its warped so i wont be able to line up the parts correctly.

I did a little mockup to get a overview of the REV gas tank and the Pro lower side plastics.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Back