• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro Rmk front on Nytro...

Finshed the cover in front of the gas tank

Holes for switches, temp gauge and tether.

Installed.

Painted the foam black.

I have ordered an adjustable riser so the gauge holder i made wont be used.

Moved the AFR-Gauge to the hood and installed some metal mesh (from a thrash can) in the opening where i had to cut for the previous steering mount.

Went riding two weeks ago and hit a stone.

result.

Found a used ball joint and a new red a-arm so the sled is back together but my ribs are not ok, probably two more weeks until i can ride..

How does it handle? All you dreamed it would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im really happy with the way it handles, it feels narrower and more nimble than a Viper.
My homemade turbo feels a bit more powerful than the MCX 190.
The steering mod i made for this season was really good (vertical steering and the bars closer) and the new Lynx seat is way more comfortable and is not as slippery as the old one (and looks better).

I Think im going to build a set of 36" A-arms and maybe up the boost to 220hp, no intercooler and stock injectors but with higher fuel pressure and a small head shim, MCX has a map for that setup.
After that i might consider this build done.

My next project will be a Harley and my light weight sled build is still lurking in the back of my head so thats probably next after the bike build.

The sled is now in summer storage.
For the first time since november 2012 (when the build started) its not in my garage during the summer, so i will not update anything during the summer.

This summer will be a vacation from the sled and i will be making some small mods to my bike.

I have some minor stuff to do on the sled Before the season so ill be back !

Time for some clutch work.

Im going to use an Arctic style secondary spring, i was looking at an OEM red/White but he dealer wanted 188 bucks for it !!!
So i found the Purple SLP spring for 35 Bucks shipped to sweden.

Bushings and smaller 14,5 mm rollers (16,5mm stock).

Adjuster bolts for the secondary belt height will be replaced.

Buttons in secondary will also be replaced, the shockwave helix is narrower so its harder on them.

The primary sheaves has a groove in them, so i will be machining them.

With the clutch i the lathe i will be machining them for overdrive.
in the Picture the clutch i bottoming out and the belt is far from using the whole clutch Surface (slightly used belt in the pic.)
The belt to sheave clearance will also be adjusted since im way off, i have had a jerky engagement.
The Helix will also be modifed to open the secondary more.

I will also be installing glide washers on the primary spring.

"Grunt tool" for the primary clutch.

Different drivers for bushing replacement.

Machined helix for overdrive and new bushing (pushed the old bushing back and installed the new bushing in front of it, cant hurt to have more bushing Surface).

New bushing in secondary sheave.

Machined sheave with new bushing

Fixed sheave machined.

Some fine tuning left to do Before mounting clutches together.

Back