• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

problem at wide open throttle

boostedmayhem

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 yamaha apex turbo
2022 polaris pro matryx slash boost
Im having problems at around 9k rpm on up, the issue is at that point it starts to drop power stutter and pop, figured it was a tuning issue but I cant seem to get it cleared up. Im hoping its not something major, im running a boondocker side mount turbo with the boonbox, it has corillo rods and je pistons, msd fuel pump, big injector kit and garrett gt2871r turbo. Any help would be appreciated.

AFRs?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Worn ignition coils will cause that issue, could possibly be spark blowout and a couple other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afr is right around 12 -12.5

No it may go up or lean by .5, most of the time at wot its at 11 to 12.8 at the most

For some reason I have a feeling it has to do with the boondocker control box, possibly settings wrong somewhere.

Ive been looking at getting the motec standalone, what are your thoughts on going with the motec?

Ive been looking at getting the motec standalone, what are your thoughts on going with the motec?

I have never used them. I am sure its a setting thats causing this. I know on my Super Charger with PCV, I was having all kinds of a problems with the Throttle Body Vacuum sensor. Try unplugging the sensor on the top of the rack, it will thro a code but it wont hurt anything.

Ok I will give it a try, thank you much for the help, I will let you know the results.

Not sure if this will help, but here are the current settings
3000 -01 -03 00
6000 00 -05 00
8500 00 -05 00
10k5 00 00 00

Acel. AM DR N2 DL
01 03 00 00

Tbol -4 -2 +4 +8
00 00 20 40

Tboh 12 16 20 24
60 80 100 120

Currently only running around 8-10#, also running sunoco 112